Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who ever at Bioware is in charge of the Merc class is doing a horrible job.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Who ever at Bioware is in charge of the Merc class is doing a horrible job.

Individual
09.20.2012 , 12:12 AM | #1
Same classes are getting buffed accross the board every patch as far as their trees go. We are continuously getting nerfed non stop. OH BOY! I get an interupt. Meanwhile, every other class can still out DPS me. You took away the one awesome abilility we had, our knockback, and now these other classes like Muraders of all classes are getting buffed in on of their other trees, YET AGAIN? Come on someone wake up for crying out loud at Bioware and get this class in shape. Their are muraders on our server that hold highest DPS records already who use rage spec, and their buffing this? You folks at Bioware couldn't figure out anything what so ever to do with the arsenal tree? Now we'll have to wait another 4 months to be dissappointed yet again from lack of anything what so ever being properly buffed the merc tree. I know there were a few changes made to the healer spec, but they weren't anything really good to be honest. Our heals still are the worse compared to Operatives and Sorcs.

Nightkin
09.20.2012 , 02:14 AM | #2
I fully agree, this game is so horribly biased for melee range classes thats its just insane. How the "balance" team cant see this is beyond the communitys understanding. I have a fully augmented WH merc, same for PT, Jug, Assassin and Sage but no matter what i do with my merc i just cant keep up with the other classes.

Today i logged in, did one warzone and logged out in disgust.
Everytime i log on to these forums its with the faintest glimmer of hope that some new patch info will be revealed but theres never anything, not even a hint.
Im at the end of my rope, this game just is not fun anymore.

Chaoskyx
09.20.2012 , 03:46 AM | #3
The devs really need to stop balancing classes based on average player performance, and instead balance based on POTENTIAL performance.

(inb4 mercs are fine l2p)

IamBorg
09.20.2012 , 04:04 AM | #4
After a lot of time, a valor rank of 88, full Arsenal Elimitaor WH gear fully augmented, after I've played countless hours in PV with Arsenal spec, AFTER reading the stupid patch notes for 1.4 I decided to go Bodyguard spec because I'm VERY sick of all the idiocy BW can pull out of the sack for our beloved class every patch.
This I do only because I don't want to stop PVPing and i will change spec in bodyguard for PvP, hoping to be at least of some better use in WZs, and in Arsenal for PvE, because at least in ops there will be no hindrancies at all to have our electro dart on 10m range and/or a root on our punch instead of a knockback.
At least in PvE arsenal spec is one of the best and always seekd out for the output damage and utility for the entire group/ops.
These are my 2 cents... sigh...

Rabbarabba
09.20.2012 , 04:11 AM | #5
It's simple, guys, obviously Ghostcrawler plays a frost ma.....err marauder!

TheronFett
09.20.2012 , 04:30 AM | #6
1) Arsenal is not very good for PvP. I'm not saying it can't be done, because there are those who do it with success. I certainly wouldn't use Arsenal in PvP if you solo queue a lot, because you just won't have the necessary support team to pull it off. Pyro is just fine, and you can put up top DPS numbers.

2) The balance for this class versus melee is your range. Yes, this game is very melee heavy. You should be engaging melee targets in PvP who are busy fighting other melee. Your biggest asset is AoE + range, and this is easy to pull of in any match as long as you let those front line classes do their job. Stay close to LOS objects, and don't be out in the open where you can be an easy target.

3) Disengage! I heal myself often, even as Pyro spec. Yes, there's some DPS loss, but I've always managed to finish every match with the least amount of deaths on the team...and still be in the top 3 for damage/kills. Often #1.

The biggest problem Mercs have are the melee drifters. The players who wander around, not really paying attention to objectives or what is going on. They're just looking for their next zerg victim. The players who relentlessly hunt you down and stay on you like white on rice. These are the ones you need to save your stun and knockback for.

Yes, it would be nice if Mercs had a leap immunity ability or an escape tool. Maybe that will come one of these days. Until then, you have to play smart. Don't put yourself in those 1vs1 situations.

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 06:47 AM | #7
Taking away the knock back from Rocket Punch was just moronic. Simply moronic. Why in the hell did the Devs feel like Rocket Punch needed a nerf? Arsenal Specced Mercs have a tough time in PvP, so they take away one of our best survival tools? I honestly don't get it.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

TheDevilsGrace
09.26.2012 , 09:39 AM | #8
The QQ is simply amazing about Rocket Punch being a immobilize instead of a knockback. You do know that the knockback freaking BLOWS and it gives the enemy resolve? The knockback was like 3 feet and hardly any vertical uptime. It was basically our interrupt for healers IF they didn't have a full bar of resolve. I'm glad it is an immobilize so it gives me time to ****.

DkSharktooth
09.26.2012 , 10:02 AM | #9
5 Star Thread.

Asturias
09.26.2012 , 10:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDevilsGrace View Post
The QQ is simply amazing about Rocket Punch being a immobilize instead of a knockback. You do know that the knockback freaking BLOWS and it gives the enemy resolve? The knockback was like 3 feet and hardly any vertical uptime. It was basically our interrupt for healers IF they didn't have a full bar of resolve. I'm glad it is an immobilize so it gives me time to ****.
They replace it with a 4 sec stun but wouldn't it have made since to add the stun in the knockback because Merc are a range DPS/Heal class. Instead they keep range classes closer to you than ever before. Its a stupid design for a stationary class and all the while buffing the melee classes.

This **** makes know sense.......
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".