Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Progression for non-op players.

Nomaad
09.26.2012 , 08:00 AM | #1
So with the new operation and new tier gear coming out, why havn't they dropped the tier levels down into hard mode flashpoints? Should be able to pick up Rakata tokens in hard mode flashpoints now, would you not say?

DarkDisturbed
09.26.2012 , 08:15 AM | #2
No, why would you need Rakata if you don't play ops?..

Nomaad
09.26.2012 , 08:20 AM | #3
Maybe for people who can't get into ops because the are only full - columi geared, running hard mode flashpoints for rakata gear would be a good idea.

Ephesia
09.26.2012 , 08:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
Maybe for people who can't get into ops because the are only full - columi geared, running hard mode flashpoints for rakata gear would be a good idea.
If you need Rakata gear you have many alternatives now:

LI HM for Chest,
EV HM
KP HM
EC SM
TFB SM

give me a break. do those every week (Full Columi is enough for all of those content) and you will be swimming in Rakata soon enough.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Llama-Eight
09.26.2012 , 08:32 AM | #5
Maybe a Nightmare mode for FPs that drops Rakata gear? If the HMs were to drop Rakata, they would need to be made harder (like LI HM is, compared to the other HMs).

Sithikk
09.26.2012 , 08:39 AM | #6
Thats just silly.. you already get black hole comes out the ying yang.. i get toons full black hole before i get full rakata..

wainot-keel
09.26.2012 , 08:41 AM | #7
Maybe the other flashpoints, Athiss, Hammer Station, etc, could be boosted as Tier 2 hms, a la Lost Island, and those could drop Rakata as well...

Vankris
09.26.2012 , 08:52 AM | #8
it's a matter of risk versus reward.

The higher the difficulty, the greater the risks, the better the rewards.
HM flashpoint are design on a level of difficulty that justify only columi (it's even generous IMO, would only reward tionese if i were game designer)

But, what someone suggest is quite good, make a nightmare mode of these flashpoint or create a hard mode tier 2, with difficulty on par with lost island, of athis, hammer station, red reaper etc... and have it drop pieces of rakata (other than chest available in lost island). Seems good idea to me.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Khevar
09.26.2012 , 11:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithikk View Post
Thats just silly.. you already get black hole comes out the ying yang.. i get toons full black hole before i get full rakata..
This. 100% this.

If you can't get in an ops group for whatever reason, you can get a ton of black hole comms which is one tier above Rakata anyway.

DarkDisturbed
09.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
But why? If you don't need the rakata to do any harder content, why do you need it?