Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper/GS improvements to consider

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sniper/GS improvements to consider

Kusanami
09.24.2012 , 11:15 AM | #31
Only thing I'd suggest to be more "sniper" ish is that if you settle into cover (the free standing one not behind objects) and you don't move for say 5-6 global cool downs worth you turn invis. The moment you start to use any ability the invisibility breaks.

For Gunslingers they could enter an crate or object and then pop out the moment they start an attack in cover. Or if there is no object a suitable environment object.

Kalfear
09.24.2012 , 03:25 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
An invisible guy lining up an invisible 4-5k crit 35m away that can't be charged/pulled and has an available 20sec CC immunity. Nope. Nothing game breaking about that.
lol i have a sniper and I agree with you!

ANY form of stealth puts this class so over the top OP its redonkulas!

Heck entrentched is possibly to big and advantage already on certain WZs
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Solarenergy
09.25.2012 , 08:49 PM | #33
But in all seriousness, I think we should get stealth detection. I feel that stealthers are the only opponents I really have trouble with. Also, it helps to have stealth detection when you are guarding a turret alone. The other day I was guarding a turret when a scoundrel came up and clocked me, luckily I cc'd him and called incoming, and help arrived right before I was about to die. It would really be nice to have stealth detection and I feel we're a class that needs it.

Voranis
09.25.2012 , 08:59 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Darksaberexile View Post
Can I just get my cover screen in the same color as my rifle's color crystal?

Starting to get a little bored of the color I've had for it since level 10. (And I don't see anything game breaking about being able to change the color of it, lol)
That would be to cool.

I have an issue with a bug on my sniper more so then other classes. Where for no reason his attacks get glitched and don't do any damage whatsoever. Happens both in WZ's and FP's and open world. I think it's a bug related to cover.
All in all I think my sniper is right where he should be.
Really it's the only class I've got where I don't think there should be any changes one way or the other.
The upside/downside of the class ballances out just fine, and he can do his job.

Yeah, hiding behind a glowing screen isn't exactly "sniper-ish" but it is "Star Wars-ish" so it works.
I don't see any need for a stealth. I already consider existing stealth classes OP, to add a stealth to sniper would be 'undenyably OP'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

Plasamxd
09.25.2012 , 09:08 PM | #35
As a Sniper with valor 93 atm (started from april) i can only agree with many other critics here about this idea even though i really think something like this should have been in the game for a Sniper simply becaus it's a 'Sniper'.

Seeing Mara's/Senti's with their going into stealth in combat looks quite stupid to me knowing that a "Sniper" has no real stealth ability at all, but adding the suggested stealth ability to the way the Sniper currently works would simply make it very over powered and therefor shoundt be done.

However i do say that it should certainly be something to consider for the future, possibly in an expansion or so where the whole layout of classes get a change anyway and then they could blend some stealth ability in for the Sniper that wont make it overpowered.

LenrocNewDawn
09.26.2012 , 03:05 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomokaze View Post
True enough. I tear up snipers when I am on my Shadow, and still don't think they would pose much challenge if they got the first shot on node defense (since that is about the only time I can think of that a sniper could maintain the out-of-combat stealth cover and still be useful to their team). If there were two snipers sitting there however... ouchies.
Well my shadow does that as well . Still, if you don't initiate combat, as a shadow, prepare to get yourself obliterated. Because between my knock-backs, roots, and interrupts you'll die pretty fast (you may survive if you are fast enough retreating or have force cloak of CD). If you get the opening move and resilience at a proper time then, yes, I'm toasted.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Xerain
09.26.2012 , 04:32 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
Lol if Snipers/GS gets more I demand Intercede and cc immunity to Marauders!
Can we just get the 30m saber throw back? Maybe give it a talent to knock someone down! Be cool.

Zeaza
09.26.2012 , 05:21 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
An invisible guy lining up an invisible 4-5k crit 35m away that can't be charged/pulled and has an available 20sec CC immunity. Nope. Nothing game breaking about that.
Worked well in daoc, crit shot from stealth with ranger then vanish and repeat, but this feature should be high up in the skill tree with a squishier build!