Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

haliy
09.25.2012 , 10:05 AM | #71
I know what i am going to do. I am going to put in an in-game ticket regarding this. Once the "Customer Service Droid" comes up and says "Greeting. I am Protocol Droid E7-H4, Human-Cyborg relations. I have received your in-game transmission regarding your Guild Master being unable to change your guild name... Are you available to discuss this?" The first thing i will do is say "Yes i have time but not for you since you will not be able to help with my current situation. Can you please redirect me to a "Development Droid" instead as they are the only droids that seem to be able to help with these type of situations as directed by a previous "Customer Service Droid. Either that or could you actually redirect me to an actual HUMAN BEING since the droids as a whole can not fix the problems.".

8 pages of posts, just about 3000 views and still no response.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

TUXs
09.25.2012 , 10:13 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
8 pages of posts, just about 3000 views and still no response.
My suggestion to all of you...

CALL THEM! Ask that they escalate the tickets. YOU are the customers. YOU are the community. YOU are 100x's more valuable than the guy NOT playing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

haliy
09.25.2012 , 10:21 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
YOU are 100x's more valuable than the guy NOT playing.
Yep, it sure feels like we are 100x's more valuable than the guy NOT playing when we get the same treatment as those who are not playing. Both of which are being ignored. If i wasn't playing, I could care less what was happening to begin with.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

TUXs
09.25.2012 , 10:59 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
Yep, it sure feels like we are 100x's more valuable than the guy NOT playing when we get the same treatment as those who are not playing. Both of which are being ignored. If i wasn't playing, I could care less what was happening to begin with.
I understand...I was given the same treatment by them and I pushed and pushed until they fixed it. Just don't take "no" for an answer - they HAVE the ability to fix it. Any reasonable person would surly understand and try to fix it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

JovethGonzalez
09.25.2012 , 12:05 PM | #75 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

There is understandably some confusion on how guild naming works with the server consolidations. Wed like to take a moment and shed some light on the actual process used for this transition.

When the consolidations to our High Population servers were being designed, there were a large number of guilds that each had claim to the guild name they held. With the more common names, this number of naming collisions was significant. As each guild has a community impact, we wanted to be certain that the name and their identity our players were associated with wasnt lost. For this reason, we added the suffix of @<original server> to each conflicting guilds name.

Now, so long as any of the guilds hold the name, no one can create a new one using the name appearing before the @<original server>. The way the system works is that the @<original server> suffix only exists if there are still multiple guilds with the name. Once the guild name is no longer contested (either due to a free guild rename or a guild disbandment), and all but one guild has used the free rename option, the @<original server> tag is removed automatically. Now, since there is no time restriction on that guild rename, two guilds could theoretically maintain the @<original server> indefinitely.

Knowing how important guild names are to our community, we did not make this decision lightly. Evaluating all possible methods, we felt this was the best possible solution for this design.

Skodan
09.25.2012 , 12:22 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Now, since there is no time restriction on that guild rename, two guilds could theoretically maintain the @<original server> indefinitely.
personally I LOVE this. it allows you to maintain your old server's community and allowing others to recognize that you once shared the same server with others
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Andryah
09.25.2012 , 12:29 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
personally I LOVE this. it allows you to maintain your old server's community and allowing others to recognize that you once shared the same server with others
I agree with you on this.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

Svarteryttaren
09.25.2012 , 12:44 PM | #78
Protocol Droid AO-L2 said:
"We would like to confirm that if a guild name has been created, that guild name will be unavailable for use even though that guild has been disbanded."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477529

(I can't say its true since I have only read it on the forum from another player and not been given the answer ingame myself).

I hope for Biowares sake that they understand that this is so totaly wrong that if they dont solve it it will spread signals, not just among SWTOR players but among all MMO players, that Bioware doesnt understand how to manage an MMO.
BW: Plz add PvP that is storybaced so that it effects
the somehow or some objective based PvP > 8 vs 8

Blev
09.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #79
So the what about dead guilds then in which there are no active players but are not disbanded? Seems to me the active guilds with active members are being punished then.
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Ranwyn - Commando
Sarinn - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow

Svarteryttaren
09.25.2012 , 01:09 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Blev View Post
So the what about dead guilds then in which there are no active players but are not disbanded? Seems to me the active guilds with active members are being punished then.
Doesnt say but if a disbanded guild have an equal chance of a name as an active guild, in a transfer/merge like this was, there goes to say that even "dead and gone" guilds with only offline members could have a equal chance of the name. I can't see why not.
BW: Plz add PvP that is storybaced so that it effects
the somehow or some objective based PvP > 8 vs 8