Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
09.25.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1661
Quote: Originally Posted by Roodbot View Post
Wow! They came up with the only way to interest me in Makeb!

Also, I've been reading this thread since I signed up for SWTOR and I think I've only commented once. So I really want to say that everybody who comments here regularly is incredible. I think I speak for every lurker out there when I say you guys and gals (and others) are all very cool and I can't say how impressed I am with your dedication.
Dedication, obsessive compulsion... call it what you will. Your 500,000+ views give this topic as much weight as anything we can post. I'm glad we can help keep the facts up to date.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
09.25.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1662
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood
(1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s

(2 of 2) When I can share more information, I will let you know. Writing romances is one of my favorite things about working on SWTOR. :-)


the vid is the same one we saw before
n00b, here... where's the actual tweet for the "(1 of 2)" bit ? I can find the "(2 of 2)", but not the other. I just don't know how to navigate that damn thing.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
09.25.2012 , 11:25 AM | #1663
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
n00b, here... where's the actual tweet for the "(1 of 2)" bit ? I can find the "(2 of 2)", but not the other. I just don't know how to navigate that damn thing.
Yes, I don't see the (1 of 2) either... but was embarrased to ask.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
09.25.2012 , 11:30 AM | #1664
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood
(1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s

(2 of 2) When I can share more information, I will let you know. Writing romances is one of my favorite things about working on SWTOR. :-)


the vid is the same one we saw before
So we definitely might be seeing SGRA's with Makeb, which we may or may not have to pay for and which may or may not be coming out this year. Well that's something at least. Still it would be nice to get an actual announcement, rather than some stuff on Twitter.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
09.25.2012 , 12:17 PM | #1665
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So we definitely might be seeing SGRA's with Makeb, which we may or may not have to pay for and which may or may not be coming out this year. Well that's something at least. Still it would be nice to get an actual announcement, rather than some stuff on Twitter.
Well, we have inferred that they are under some pretty strict limits as to what they are allowed to discuss. And to his credit, Hall also added, in a follow-up tweet:

Quote: Originally Posted by hallhood
I know it's frustrating to wait for answers, but be assured we're not ignoring our SGR fans.
It's coming. No knowing when exactly we'll even see 1.4, much less when Makeb will make it down the chute... but if it isn't this calendar year, at least we know it's on the way. First official confirmation from developers since March and, while the wait still sucks, that's a good thing.

Morghainla's Avatar


Morghainla
09.25.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1666
hello,

I did post here twice, and I have to say these news are absolutely incredible. So we will get our wish come true.

Just one question. Who is Makeb?? is he going to be a new character to play?? so this means that my beloved Ceriddwen won't get a romance option?? that is sad....

of will he be a new NPC?? what about the ones who are already lvl 50?? so many questions...

thanks

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
09.25.2012 , 12:38 PM | #1667
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood
(1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s
Haha, I'm glad that unsure/unofficial statement is now the official statement

Quote: Originally Posted by Morghainla View Post
Just one question. Who is Makeb?? is he going to be a new character to play?? so this means that my beloved Ceriddwen won't get a romance option?? that is sad....

of will he be a new NPC?? what about the ones who are already lvl 50?? so many questions...

thanks
Makeb is a whole new planet/storyline and will introduce an increase in the level cap.

So far, there are no new companions planned for that besides possibly the HK droid...which probably won't be the SGRA option.
Node guarder

Biancaneri's Avatar


Biancaneri
09.25.2012 , 12:38 PM | #1668
Quote: Originally Posted by Morghainla View Post
hello,

I did post here twice, and I have to say these news are absolutely incredible. So we will get our wish come true.

Just one question. Who is Makeb?? is he going to be a new character to play?? so this means that my beloved Ceriddwen won't get a romance option?? that is sad....

of will he be a new NPC?? what about the ones who are already lvl 50?? so many questions...

thanks
Makeb's a planet with endgame content.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
09.25.2012 , 12:41 PM | #1669
Quote: Originally Posted by Morghainla View Post
hello,

I did post here twice, and I have to say these news are absolutely incredible. So we will get our wish come true.

Just one question. Who is Makeb?? is he going to be a new character to play?? so this means that my beloved Ceriddwen won't get a romance option?? that is sad....

of will he be a new NPC?? what about the ones who are already lvl 50?? so many questions...

thanks
Makeb is a new planet they are introducing, some time in the near future, which will include story progression along with new missions and so on. Details at this point are scarce. They tend not to let a lot out in advance.

As far as we can infer from what we have been told to date, there will be same-gender romances available with some existing companions. We don't know which, or how those will be tied it. There are a lot of unanswered questions still. But we do now know, definitively, that SGRs have not been scrapped and are on the way, in spite of what some doomsayers have supposed.

Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
So far, there are no new companions planned for that besides possibly the HK droid...which probably won't be the SGRA option.
HK-51: "Target acquired. Initiating hostilities."
Me: "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Ayslinn_Iduviel's Avatar


Ayslinn_Iduviel
09.25.2012 , 12:43 PM | #1670
Another lurker here.. :P btw I think that, as Makeb should be the biggest expansion from the beginning, maybe they'll relase it for the game birthday on December. At least that's what I hope