Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Esno
09.25.2012 , 12:14 AM | #191
100% Support APAC server merges to PVE server as lately has taken anywhere upto an hour+ for group finder to pop before the dailies reset.

Last few nights id log in, do my dailies, wait for GF for 30-60min give up and log out till dailies reset then log back in and retry GF (almost instant pop asuming people arent AFK and dont accept lol)

The sooner the better as i would prefer not to return to US servers as latency was usually 220+ compared to 30+ on current server.

Extra character slots will be great for when new species are released in future updates.
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

-Holmes
09.25.2012 , 03:07 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Kynesis View Post
That's being a little melodramatic isn't it? More slots are nice but a few weeks isn't really going to bother people that much while BW finish sorting out consolidation issues?

You've got to give them some leeway - fair enough, they didn't grant them to us at the same time but they were only granted as a solution to fix the server merge issues they were facing, it's not like they set out introduce a great new feature and leave us hanging - though US companies, particularly entertainment companies are frequently guilty of this and so even though it's not intended to slight us, it does still rather obviously hit a sore spot BW.
the whole suffering part is indeed a bit... overboard, but what I want fixed is the population issue. Once that it set right, I feel like I can back into TOR (even if I'm still paying monthly, I don't really play cause of the queue wait time) and play the game for real.

Bright_Spark
09.25.2012 , 03:23 AM | #193
+1

The support for this game and the APAC servers are a piece of ****!

Digimanbyte_ID
09.25.2012 , 04:33 AM | #194
Considering that APAC servers were the clinchers for most to choose this MMO over other because of the better ping rate I really hope bioware keeps their word and tries to remember that oceanic players will be on of their biggest region of consumers if they pull threw.

cipherysm
09.25.2012 , 05:21 AM | #195
Now I'm not a betting man, but I do find behaviours in people a little interesting.

What's the bet that if the APAC server merge does go through, the US and EU servers won't go down for 8hours?

That is a little curious

Jarlgon
09.25.2012 , 09:12 AM | #196
i really do hope they reply with a merger in the works for all three servers.

winterau
09.25.2012 , 04:24 PM | #197
1.4 release and still deafening silence from Bioware on the Oceanic issues.

When are you going to start with the more pro-active communication Bioware?

Roalmo
09.25.2012 , 04:38 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
Small losses? We've gone from 200 to 50 on a saturday night in 3 weeks.
Sorry old chap, but that referred to overall losses, including the Damned Yanks, and Poms.

Plus, gave us another bump didn't it?

Roalmo
09.25.2012 , 04:42 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
i really do hope they reply with a merger in the works for all three servers.
Took them almost a month to fix connection problems didn't it? You expect less time for mergin'? Took them 4 months for first merges, 3 for second merges(in the weird world, Europe/US), so we can expect .. what 2 months if we're lucky?

sankalp
09.25.2012 , 05:45 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by cipherysm View Post
Now I'm not a betting man, but I do find behaviours in people a little interesting.

What's the bet that if the APAC server merge does go through, the US and EU servers won't go down for 8hours?

That is a little curious
Are you a bit thick mate? Ofc they will go down, but it wont be IN THEIR PRIME TIME

See the difference?