Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon: Last bosses kill order

ATAMIANM
09.24.2012 , 05:07 PM | #21
Usually I am in a group that goes after the fat one on the right first ( the one who pins), then the one on the left, then the commander. That always seems to work.

The other night a lot of weirdness happened where the fatty would pin me (the DPS) and before I knew it the entire mob aggroed on me and I died instantly. I think the healer died first which is always a bad thing. I can't remember if the tank had survived to that point.

bbong
09.25.2012 , 01:07 AM | #22
Two ways of doing that as it was already mentioned:
First one which I dont like - kill the right one first, the left one then Commander. I dont know what ppl find good about this tactic. Basically two first targets are untauntable and are chasing targets pointed by commander so You have to kite them if tehy're after You until they die.

Second one that is IMO proper way of doing that is to kill Commander first - You have to kite the other two if they are chasing You untill commander is dead (just like the other tactic) but as soon as Commander is killed the other two becomes tauntable and tankable and the fight is pure tank'n'spank from that point. So killing Commander first actually shortens the time in which other ppl actually have to do sth to avoid damage.

Kitru
09.25.2012 , 08:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bbong View Post
First one which I dont like - kill the right one first, the left one then Commander. I dont know what ppl find good about this tactic. Basically two first targets are untauntable and are chasing targets pointed by commander so You have to kite them if tehy're after You until they die.
If you're attempting to kite a boss just because you have aggro, you're doing it wrong. You're just making it harder to heal you and reducing the damage the rest of the group can deal to the target you're taking on a merry romp through the battlefield. The entire reason that this kill order is used, which has been described several times over, is because of Heavy Pin. By killing the big guy first, you reduce the amount of time that someone stays channel-stunned. This gives you more total uptime, albeit at the cost of the sword boss getting to beat on whoever he so chooses. It's not as if any of the bosses except for the main boss really deals that much damage. The sword boss is killed before the main boss because he's got less hp than the main guy and one of them has to die to make the remainder follow a normal aggro table.

The basic difference between the two strats is predicated upon a difference in how the various mechanics are valued: the right-left-middle strat considers the stun to be the more dangerous mechanic; the middle-right-left strat considers the lack of an aggro table on the other 2 bosses to be the more dangerous mechanic. Neither is more "correct" than the other, since, as has been evidenced time and time again, both strats have been demonstrated to be effective in roughly equal measure. The more important factor is that the group agree upon a specific kill order rather than having DPS split, prolonging both mechanics to the general dismay of the group.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

mikebevo
09.25.2012 , 02:59 PM | #24
As a healer. I wait for adds and then drop flyby in the middle of the group. Other than that I stand around and watch and toss a heal out once in awhile.

As DPS, I do it in whatever order the Tank tells me to do it in. Target, Fire, Saber.

todorovh
09.25.2012 , 06:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ATAMIANM View Post
Usually I am in a group that goes after the fat one on the right first ( the one who pins), then the one on the left, then the commander. That always seems to work.

The other night a lot of weirdness happened where the fatty would pin me (the DPS) and before I knew it the entire mob aggroed on me and I died instantly. I think the healer died first which is always a bad thing. I can't remember if the tank had survived to that point.
well these days with current gear and augments on every slot everything works ... you can even split the dps and kill them all at the same time ... but that's not the point. The most efficient way is to kill the mid one asap and have your tank actually tank the other two making the fight a simple and efficient tank and spank.

What i find strange about KUS though is how many ridiculously complicated tacts people tend to use on the turret "boss", where personally i find it so much more simple to do it the way it was designed to be done - just stand there and kill stuff

Icebergy
09.25.2012 , 06:47 PM | #26
Kill the big one, then the little one, then the middle one.

The middle one can be tanked, so hes best left till last because he will just be hitting the tank and it doesn't hurt.

The big one pins you and I believe enrages, so its best to kill him first.

The other one is similar to the middle one, except he cannot be taunted.
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM