Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Story mode EC, HM/NiM EV/KP/EC for group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Story mode EC, HM/NiM EV/KP/EC for group finder

pognick's Avatar


pognick
09.24.2012 , 05:23 AM | #1
Hello all!

So as far as I understand, we don't have story mode EC and HM/NiM EV/KP/EC part of the group finder due to it being in a higher tier of operations. Are there any plans on implementing these into the group finder? I for one have quite a bit of trouble finding groups for these, as well as a whole lot of other people which just causes a whole lot of spam on the fleet.

I understand that if all level 50s would be able to q for these ops, then there would surely be chaos, starting from fresh level 50s joining, people not with zero knowledge of the fights, etc. How about simply making these operations 'unlockable'?

For example: a person finds a group for, story mode denova lets say, and then successfully completes the operation, therefor he/she unlocks the ability to queue for story mode denova. This way it's not just a whole bunch of inexperienced, under geared people that will be q'ing for a higher tier operation where they could ruin it for everyone else. Or perhaps you have to beat it 3 times to unlock it just to make sure everyone really knows what they're doing.

Not too complicated and straightforward, earn your right to queue for a higher tier operation. Usually I spend half my time unfortunately in this game searching for a group for these operations, so something like this would save a whole lot of time for everyone.

Whatcha guys think?

Ismercu's Avatar


Ismercu
09.24.2012 , 05:31 AM | #2
Me gusta.

SamuelAU's Avatar


SamuelAU
09.24.2012 , 05:38 AM | #3
I like the idea, having to finish the operation before you can actually queue for it.

The only question is whether or not enough players will be queuing for you to find a group!

Lightning_'s Avatar


Lightning_
09.24.2012 , 06:01 AM | #4
Yes, looks to be a very good idea.

You can even make a number of Story EV/KP finishes (let's say 5) unlock HM version without needing to run it first.

Although with EC it obviously won't work. Probably need about 3 successful finishes to simply unlock SM, because it's much more mechanics-heavy...

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
09.24.2012 , 11:07 AM | #5
This is a good idea. Even though you might get the person who was carried through their "unlock", it would still be preferable to someone who had never run the fights at all.

I vote yes.

jamescloutier's Avatar


jamescloutier
09.24.2012 , 11:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
Yes, looks to be a very good idea.

You can even make a number of Story EV/KP finishes (let's say 5) unlock HM version without needing to run it first.

Although with EC it obviously won't work. Probably need about 3 successful finishes to simply unlock SM, because it's much more mechanics-heavy...
According to Dev notes it looks like a lot of the mechanics of EC SM are going to be removed or lessened come 1.4. I wouldn't be shocked to see it added to group finder shortly after that.

ATAMIANM's Avatar


ATAMIANM
09.24.2012 , 05:27 PM | #7
I'm lukewarm to this idea. I see the point of only wanting experienced people who know the fights. But everyone has to learn at some point too. I have been a 50 for some time and only have played KP maybe 3 times and EV once. It's not that I haven't wanted to, I just am not part of an active guild that raids a lot. The problem I find is always the leaders forming ops via messaging in general chat only want geared people (full or partial Rakata) who know the fights. But you can't get geared with Rakata if you haven't been in the ops before- kind of a chicken-egg problem. I find the group finder rarely pops for a full group in SM KP or EV, (at least for DPS) thus my limited experience.

I have been playing HM flashpoints a lot but am not getting past Columi gear...I think I need operations for that. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, my opinion is that limiting HM ops in the group finder to those who've completed it X number of times in SM just means there will be fewer and fewer people playing HM as time goes on- given that even experienced players do get tired of the game and move on.
_________________________________
Axillia- Sith Assassin LVL 55 Asajjia- Sith Marauder LVL 55 Sikhret- Imperial Agent LVL 55Akhenatan Jedi Guardian Lvl 53 --THE HARBINGER--

ChaoticDynamite's Avatar


ChaoticDynamite
09.24.2012 , 06:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ATAMIANM View Post
I'm lukewarm to this idea. I see the point of only wanting experienced people who know the fights. But everyone has to learn at some point too. I have been a 50 for some time and only have played KP maybe 3 times and EV once. It's not that I haven't wanted to, I just am not part of an active guild that raids a lot. The problem I find is always the leaders forming ops via messaging in general chat only want geared people (full or partial Rakata) who know the fights. But you can't get geared with Rakata if you haven't been in the ops before- kind of a chicken-egg problem. I find the group finder rarely pops for a full group in SM KP or EV, (at least for DPS) thus my limited experience.

I have been playing HM flashpoints a lot but am not getting past Columi gear...I think I need operations for that. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, my opinion is that limiting HM ops in the group finder to those who've completed it X number of times in SM just means there will be fewer and fewer people playing HM as time goes on- given that even experienced players do get tired of the game and move on.
I totally agree 9/10 when people say they are looking for a dps, heals, or tank they usually have this posted after it " Must be geared know the fights". How is it that in order for me to do an op like EC I must have the gear it drops and must know the fights. I don't get people's tolerance level for "first timers" so to say is way too low.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
09.24.2012 , 06:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaoticDynamite View Post
I totally agree 9/10 when people say they are looking for a dps, heals, or tank they usually have this posted after it " Must be geared know the fights". How is it that in order for me to do an op like EC I must have the gear it drops and must know the fights. I don't get people's tolerance level for "first timers" so to say is way too low.
Gear is not an excuse anymore. The ability to farm BH comms at will, the ease to get Columi, dailys etc etc etc and add into this the fact that some pvp pieces (relics mostly) are BiS and you have an almost uncomparable ease of gearing.

Asto new players getting into raid content, well isn't that what guilds and friends are for? I am assuming this is a MMo right?

Honestly this whole groupfinder idea is a cancer on MMO's.Yes it's great for convienience but thats about it really.

That being said, I really don't give a damn whether or not SM EC makes it onto the GF list. I won't be running it , at all. I have 4 toons geared to a rakata + standard which is mroe than good enough to run TFB HM and SM.

ChaoticDynamite's Avatar


ChaoticDynamite
09.24.2012 , 07:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Gear is not an excuse anymore. The ability to farm BH comms at will, the ease to get Columi, dailys etc etc etc and add into this the fact that some pvp pieces (relics mostly) are BiS and you have an almost uncomparable ease of gearing.

Asto new players getting into raid content, well isn't that what guilds and friends are for? I am assuming this is a MMo right?

Honestly this whole groupfinder idea is a cancer on MMO's.Yes it's great for convienience but thats about it really.

That being said, I really don't give a damn whether or not SM EC makes it onto the GF list. I won't be running it , at all. I have 4 toons geared to a rakata + standard which is mroe than good enough to run TFB HM and SM.
Whoa! Whoa! Calm down there tiger. See now this is the tolerance level I was talking about.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.