Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talimar
09.24.2012 , 05:59 PM | #171
So when IS the next "available opportunity"?
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Roalmo
09.24.2012 , 06:04 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Selvec View Post
Its quite simple really.

Possible choice based on server type and another based on location. So for example, the RP server offers the choice of moving to Ebon Hawk (US RP), or the merged Oceanic Server.
You would lose your largest population that way. Just do it for the lowest pop server, the pvp server.

Then make 1 pve server with the rp and pve guys, then let the pvpers decide what they want to do, individually.

PurpleCliff
09.24.2012 , 06:05 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
You would lose your largest population that way. Just do it for the lowest pop server, the pvp server.

Then make 1 pve server with the rp and pve guys, then let the pvpers decide what they want to do, individually.
Is PvP lowest pop? That surprises me.

Roalmo
09.24.2012 , 06:09 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Is PvP lowest pop? That surprises me.
pvp on Asian and all other servers have been bleeding subs since june.

rp servers have been slightly gaining(weird result..)

pve seems slightly steady, with very small losses.

See: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...484899&page=21

PurpleCliff
09.24.2012 , 06:11 PM | #175

Ah cool. I'm on the PvP server and I've only just recently started to notice population issues. I guess I'd be willing to give up the awesomeness of open world PvP for a healthy population.

Kynesis
09.24.2012 , 06:31 PM | #176
Given that by far, the most likely answer will be the option of paying to transfer to an american server (which will compound the issue but ultimately let BW be done with the headache of supporting remote servers), I'd personally take the challenge of a local single server, even if it meant we all had to pack onto a PvP server (though PvE is clearly the more customer friendly / neutral option).

I'm not find of PvP servers though, my characters of another game were stranded for a long time on one with a big population imbalance. Wherever people of my faction went on any character, there were literally packs of ravenous gankers either waiting or who were called in once we were spotted.
I honestly don't expect this to happen and I quite enjoy *some* world PvP (as long as we're talking about relatively fair fights) but a situation like the one I've just described really would totally ruin the game for me, no matter what else it has going for it.

Talimar
09.24.2012 , 06:32 PM | #177

See: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...484899&page=21
Small losses? We've gone from 200 to 50 on a saturday night in 3 weeks.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

XyonicS
09.24.2012 , 07:13 PM | #178
Servers not going down for maintenance today means still now extra slots for us. Would have thought this would have been the perfect time to do them.

Quite sad now. Would have at least shown that they are actually doing something for us.

Bit like a roller coaster where you are down and then they say we will do this for you soonest to raise your hopes and then it is just left so you are left feeling down again.

They did it for the rest of the world and know how to do it so why make us suffer.
I mean if they can't even bring the number of characters here into line with the rest of the world, then if you are wanting a solution for the population thing, don't hold your breath.

Way to keep subscribers. I mean they will be flocking for this kind of service. Flocking away from it anyway.

Kynesis
09.24.2012 , 07:25 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by XyonicS View Post
Servers not going down for maintenance today means still now extra slots for us. Would have thought this would have been the perfect time to do them.

Quite sad now. Would have at least shown that they are actually doing something for us.

Bit like a roller coaster where you are down and then they say we will do this for you soonest to raise your hopes and then it is just left so you are left feeling down again.

They did it for the rest of the world and know how to do it so why make us suffer.
I mean if they can't even bring the number of characters here into line with the rest of the world, then if you are wanting a solution for the population thing, don't hold your breath.

Way to keep subscribers. I mean they will be flocking for this kind of service. Flocking away from it anyway.
That's being a little melodramatic isn't it? More slots are nice but a few weeks isn't really going to bother people that much while BW finish sorting out consolidation issues?

You've got to give them some leeway - fair enough, they didn't grant them to us at the same time but they were only granted as a solution to fix the server merge issues they were facing, it's not like they set out introduce a great new feature and leave us hanging - though US companies, particularly entertainment companies are frequently guilty of this and so even though it's not intended to slight us, it does still rather obviously hit a sore spot BW.

scullzomben
09.24.2012 , 08:03 PM | #180
Oceanic Servers @ ignored for another week.