Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Comstrike
06.24.2012 , 11:28 AM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
I saw the video when this thread was first started. I just don't see what is so exciting about it. They make it seem like no more class quests, which are the only interesting quests in the game. Since I've seen all but two class ending in closed beta, I have avoided even getting to 50 on any character yet...in the hope they add more. Everything else at 50 is the same old wow grind, which is not pleasant.
And ironically a lead editor of the trailers was among those fired.

There wasn't much exciting about it, or 1.2. Folks are just tense, hoping for something, anything, to make the nightmare end. The bottom line is that we are looking at a year or more of post-launch fixing and tweaking. And they have to come up with something to very substantially increase the volume of content. Most of the issues with PvP, combat systems, group finders, social systems, these can be buffed out over time, and folks expect that.

It is the gut reaction to the "Fourth Pillar," space combat, non-endgame content, etc. The lack of more fluff activities and non-class focused content, etc. They got caught unprepared. The really really did seem to think folks somehow wouldn't do what they do to every MMORPG, and blow through content faster than expected, and play the game in ways simply not intended by the designer.

I do think they have some idea of what needs to be done. But to their defense, bioware simply can't fix this quickly. Not as fast any anybody would like. It isn't a quick patch and a few updates. it is a full-on revamp. The level cap and some other projected updates are a start. A good foundation. But they can't end there. And they can't charge for it.

So they have a long way to go, before we even get to a viable point to charge folks for an expansion pack. All while subscriptions are failing.

Nothing new, most of this has been old news for three or more months.
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

DEMarq
07.03.2012 , 01:08 PM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post

There wasn't much exciting about it, or 1.2. Folks are just tense, hoping for something, anything, to make the nightmare end. The bottom line is that we are looking at a year or more of post-launch fixing and tweaking. And they have to come up with something to very substantially increase the volume of content. Most of the issues with PvP, combat systems, group finders, social systems, these can be buffed out over time, and folks expect that.

It is the gut reaction to the "Fourth Pillar," space combat, non-endgame content, etc. The lack of more fluff activities and non-class focused content, etc. They got caught unprepared. The really really did seem to think folks somehow wouldn't do what they do to every MMORPG, and blow through content faster than expected, and play the game in ways simply not intended by the designer.

I do think they have some idea of what needs to be done. But to their defense, bioware simply can't fix this quickly. Not as fast any anybody would like. It isn't a quick patch and a few updates. it is a full-on revamp. The level cap and some other projected updates are a start. A good foundation. But they can't end there. And they can't charge for it.

So they have a long way to go, before we even get to a viable point to charge folks for an expansion pack. All while subscriptions are failing.

Looks like you beat me to the punch my friend...

Celebrus
07.03.2012 , 01:48 PM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post

I personally don't think there is any real recovery that can be made. We are looking at a year or more (from this point) just to get the game to a place where it can maintain an even subscription level, much less look to draw in more money with paid expansions or cash shop material, or expect an influx in subscriptions. It simply isn't feasible for them to expect us to pay anything more than what we already are for the product that we currently have, the 15$ per month itself is a stretch when other premium titles offer more with less hassle to access.

I don't see this game improving much beyond the state that it is currently in, EA has limited the budget, Bioware Austin has significantly cut back the talent in it's stables, and by all indications, the game is being improved and worked on more slowly than it ever has been. They are simply too far behind and will be playing catch up likely for years to come(they would have been even without the layoffs), never reaching the level that this game's prelaunch potential projected it to reach, it's a shame really, but they completely blew it.

MaverickXIV
07.03.2012 , 02:01 PM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
I personally don't think there is any real recovery that can be made. We are looking at a year or more (from this point) just to get the game to a place where it can maintain an even subscription level, much less look to draw in more money with paid expansions or cash shop material, or expect an influx in subscriptions. It simply isn't feasible for them to expect us to pay anything more than what we already are for the product that we currently have, the 15$ per month itself is a stretch when other premium titles offer more with less hassle to access.

I don't see this game improving much beyond the state that it is currently in, EA has limited the budget, Bioware Austin has significantly cut back the talent in it's stables, and by all indications, the game is being improved and worked on more slowly than it ever has been. They are simply too far behind and will be playing catch up likely for years to come(they would have been even without the layoffs), never reaching the level that this game's prelaunch potential projected it to reach, it's a shame really, but they completely blew it.
We're doomed!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

Celebrus
07.03.2012 , 02:02 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by MaverickXIV View Post
We're doomed!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!
*strawman*

Right back at ya.

Insomnio
07.03.2012 , 02:56 PM | #546
Well the content really has slowed. The latest "big" patch had no content. Just "quality of life" addition called LFG tool, which in my experience just does not work. It is a lot quicker to find a group just using general chat, and more fun as you get a variety of group types.

No new race, new armor, new speeders, new world events. All little things that would provide at least some incentive and interest.

Deewe
07.03.2012 , 04:47 PM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
I**snip** never reaching the level that this game's prelaunch potential projected it to reach, it's a shame really, but they completely blew it.
Totally agree although with the proper leads and producer they can still do marvels with this game.

Now the question is: does EA knows that?

Quote: Originally Posted by Insomnio View Post
No new race, new armor, new speeders, new world events. All little things that would provide at least some incentive and interest.
The most depressing is how few is officially planned for the year to come.

ShinsoMaster
09.24.2012 , 04:09 PM | #548
where in the video is there ever even one cathar?

Sarfux
09.24.2012 , 04:20 PM | #549
nice necro

smooooth
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Jaren_Kincaid
09.24.2012 , 07:23 PM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by ShinsoMaster View Post
where in the video is there ever even one cathar?
Jedi pick up one of their class quests from a Cathar.