Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game auto closing after hitting play button on the launcher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game auto closing after hitting play button on the launcher
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evangalion
09.24.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
Hey yall i''m having a small problem that i don't know how to go about fixing. the mintue i hate the play button on the launcher after logging in the game starts up normally then just atuo closes and i'm not entirely sure what is causing it. this is the first time this has happened on me. any help or a fix anyone might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Beesodd
09.24.2012 , 03:29 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Evangalion,

How far does it get before it fails? Do you see the character select screen, or even the splash screen?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Evangalion
09.24.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
i don't even get to a loading screen i hit play it starts to load up the client goes to a brief black screen as if it will lget to the loading screen then goes back to desktop

Beesodd
09.24.2012 , 03:43 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the extra info, it helps point to a possible refresh rate or resolution conflict. Fortunately, these are quite easy to fix.

Please navigate to your settings folder (press the Windows Key and R and type:%localappdata%/swtor/swtor) and enter the client_settings file.

In there make sure the following items are present, and add/edit to the file as needed:
Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60

Then save the file, restart the game and it should start in windowed mode. If this works then please navigate to the in-game settings and adjust refresh/resolution until you can play in fullscreen.

Please let us know how you get on.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support