Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag after the Super Server

uniz
09.20.2012 , 12:30 AM | #11
no difference

did a ops, several hard modes and dailies on both sides noticing no difference so far. same thing with low level alts.

Oggthebase
09.20.2012 , 01:41 AM | #12
I've ran EC HM and I suffered from some lag spikes, but since last week as well I had some similar lag spikes it's difficult to blame the new server with certainty.
It could have nothing to do with it, or it could be a compounded issue, which make it all the more difficult to trace.

ATAMIANM
09.20.2012 , 09:35 AM | #13
Lag was minimal last night. Any problems I had were due to my internet connection flakiness.

Loquille
09.20.2012 , 10:03 AM | #14
At times loading the fleet can lag a little due to the large amount of people, which is more related to HD speed, RAM, or my vid card, still this is due to the increased population though as my PC has to handle more players in a concentrated area. Turning shadows off did help substantially and I was able to keep the other settings high.

Haven't had anything noticeably bad on the leveling planets. Can't speak for FPs or Ops, taking a break from those atm.

Metalmac
09.21.2012 , 03:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Loquille View Post
At times loading the fleet can lag a little due to the large amount of people, which is more related to HD speed, RAM, or my vid card, still this is due to the increased population though as my PC has to handle more players in a concentrated area. Turning shadows off did help substantially and I was able to keep the other settings high.

Haven't had anything noticeably bad on the leveling planets. Can't speak for FPs or Ops, taking a break from those atm.
LOL BioWare brags about SHADOWS and now we have to turn them off to play the game, FAIL!

Spoletta
09.22.2012 , 01:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
LOL BioWare brags about SHADOWS and now we have to turn them off to play the game, FAIL!
Troll fail.
Reread again what they said. They know that shadows are actually giving problem so in 1.4 they are upgrading the shadows to fix this, they never said anything about super servers.

Metalmac
09.23.2012 , 02:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Troll fail.
Reread again what they said. They know that shadows are actually giving problem so in 1.4 they are upgrading the shadows to fix this, they never said anything about super servers.
My point is Server Lag is a much bigger issue then Shadows, but BioWare work on Shadows first and that is crazy.

You fix the WORST issues first not the fluff issues first.
Entire Ops or War Zone freeze for 3 seconds is worse then bad Shadows. I was pointing out the asinine priority.

uniz
09.24.2012 , 03:03 PM | #18
My point is Server Lag is a much bigger issue then Shadows, but BioWare work on Shadows first and that is crazy.

You fix the WORST issues first not the fluff issues first.
Entire Ops or War Zone freeze for 3 seconds is worse then bad Shadows. I was pointing out the asinine priority.
i agree with you.

most of the people with shadow issues have it turned off in the first place. tweaking it wont make me nor many others turn it back on.

just allow me to turn off other peoples spell effects, fog and other ambient fluff particle effects would be better time invested imo.

Twickers
09.24.2012 , 03:18 PM | #19
From the looks of it, some people are gettin really bad lag, others arent. I myself havent seen any really bad lag to speak of.

Also for crying out loud they're probably quite aware of lag issues and are working on it, goodness people give a little patience.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

mikebevo
09.24.2012 , 03:31 PM | #20
My point is Server Lag is a much bigger issue then Shadows, but BioWare work on Shadows first and that is crazy..
Speak for yourself. Shadow is a way BIGGER issue to me. My 50 DPS is a shadow (alt) and I want to do HM EC one day with her.

I've done HM LI, SM EV and HM EC since being moved to the Super Server and no lag to report. Before when hitting the Fleet with over 200 on it I would hit serious lag, but since the move I have had none. On the The Harbinger and I am in Texas.