Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchased Subscription Still Not Appearing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Purchased Subscription Still Not Appearing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MaddieB
09.24.2012 , 10:08 AM | #1
I bought the game about a week ago, and submitted my credit card information in order to activate the subscription, the full game, and the free thirty days. However, since I don't like to keep cards attached to game accounts, I removed the card and canceled the subscription immediately.

It's been over a week now, and the charge still has yet to show up on my bank account. Was the card's presence all that was needed (and thus, my account is fully active now), or am I going to receive the charge after a prolonged period of time?

Apopthis
09.24.2012 , 10:14 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MaddieB View Post
I bought the game about a week ago, and submitted my credit card information in order to activate the subscription, the full game, and the free thirty days. However, since I don't like to keep cards attached to game accounts, I removed the card and canceled the subscription immediately.

It's been over a week now, and the charge still has yet to show up on my bank account. Was the card's presence all that was needed (and thus, my account is fully active now), or am I going to receive the charge after a prolonged period of time?
Yes you will...they are just crazy slow. Mine took two weeks at one point to show up on my account. It will show up, they need all the money they can get.

Tirvaak
09.24.2012 , 10:16 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi MaddieB,

When you tie a subscription to your account, the first payment does not come from your card until the free 30 days are up.

Now that you have removed the card, you will not be charged on that card for any payments. The card needs to stay on the account in order for a payment to be taken.

This does not effect your subscription but it will mean that after your first 30 days you will either need to add the card again for a subscription or purchase a prepaid game time card.

I hope this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

MaddieB
09.24.2012 , 10:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi MaddieB,

When you tie a subscription to your account, the first payment does not come from your card until the free 30 days are up.

Now that you have removed the card, you will not be charged on that card for any payments. The card needs to stay on the account in order for a payment to be taken.

This does not effect your subscription but it will mean that after your first 30 days you will either need to add the card again for a subscription or purchase a prepaid game time card.

I hope this helps.
The problem is, I was under the impression that I purchased game time. How can I be 100% sure that this charge will not show up later, or is not somehow currently pending?