Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LiveStream Event #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Izorii
09.22.2012 , 03:54 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
For those of you that missed the Livestream, we will be publishing it on our website as soon as it goes through the approval and translation process. Thanks to those of you that watched!
There has already been a transcript of this posted, does the approval process mean that the answers have to be checked to be correct.

Would it be possible to get some clarification. We were originaly told that new species would be in by the end of the year. But on the live stream they said no time frame, are they still expected before the end of the year. Also would it be possible to confirm other than Cathar there will be no other new species added in the cash shop. Personaly this would seem to be a cash cow to me but I would like to know if I should keep stock piling gear for alts or not.

JimG
09.22.2012 , 06:24 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
Reply I did not like. Cathar species success will make due for others to come. I don't like Cathar, I want Togruta like Shaak Ti...
Yeah, I don't get this at all. There are several very popular species that they should be able to easily add to the game as they already have them throughout the game as NPCs and it's not like they have to change anything about the class stories. It would increase the number of alts that people play and add some diversity to the players running around out there on each planet. It's basically something that they could do with very little work but would have a huge upside for them with the player-base. Can't imagine why they haven't jumped all over this.

Uluain
09.22.2012 , 06:31 PM | #173
They were clear. They said that they hope to have HK-51 in by the end of the year. They do not have a date on Cathar because they will add them when "they are ready" meaning the work going into making them a playable race is finished. That may be this year, but they don't know and won't say.

Cathar are the only race they are working on. Any further development of other playable races is on hold until they can see how Cathar go over, and plan accordingly.

Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Yeah, I don't get this at all. There are several very popular species that they should be able to easily add to the game as they already have them throughout the game as NPCs.
They really only have two Rodian models, for instance, that they re-use, both body-type one, male and female. They have one Devorian model, male, and the NPC companion is distinguished only by a broken horn. The same applies across the board - one Duros model, a couple of Togrutans, a couple of Nautolans etc. It would seem that there is a fair amount of work that goes into making an NPC race playable. Of course more will come. But things take time.

Yogol
09.22.2012 , 07:29 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
They'll cherry pick through and answer only the ones they want to answer, but what the heck.
No kidding, lol. The questions are solely the ones that they wanted to answer. Some ''live'' event, lol.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

BenjaminminU
09.23.2012 , 08:21 AM | #175
I missed the event, hurry up and make it available so i can watch.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Elfa
09.24.2012 , 07:32 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
As we mentioned a while back, in lieu of the written weekly Q&A (which we removed due to player feedback), we've increased our DAILY communication on the forums. As an example, please take a look at the Dev Tracker, which is full of useful developer answers as delivered by Allison Berryman.

This livestream Q&A's specific goal is to talk specifically about Game Update 1.4 and the new Free-to-Play option coming out later this Fall. Have any other questions? Ask them in the forums and if they are well-constructed questions, your chances of being answered by our developers will increase substantially. Keep in mind that there is always a limit as to what can be discussed, so we won't be able to answer every single question.
I've asked a lot of "well-constructed" questions both all over the forum and in the previous Q and A's and never got s single answer than maybe "Sorry, we have no information on that." The reason we wanted the previous Q and A removed is because you chose only to answer the easy questions and not the ones that we wanted most, like when you blatantly ignored weeks of people asking about the same sex question. It was never something I cared about but it it made up like 1 out of every 3 questions and you still ignored it.

Finally, the Q and A de-evolved into basically telling us that you wouldn't answer anything that wasn't about things that have already been released or an upcoming patch once it had been announced. IOW, nothing we really cared about knowing because you pretty much already told us. Now, you come on with this crap and give us the same exact restrictions like you're FOX news asking questions for an upcoming Romney interview.

Sorry, but I don't care about your favorite color and I don't need to ask questions about stuff you've already told us everything about.

I want to know about when the paid transfers are coming. Chat bubbles? Level cap increase?! If you can't answer these questions yet, then you have no credibility.

You want to impress this community, start answering the questions in the Suggestions area, or as many have come to know it, the place where hard questions and ideas go to die.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Muwarr
09.24.2012 , 08:31 AM | #177
A general, comprehensive update on the status of the various items that have been mention as in the works in the time since launch would be appropriate at this point. A lot of stuff is floating out there that seems to just be in limbo. If stuff that was previously said to be coming "soon" is not, for whatever reason, show your customers some respect and admit that.

Between the significant staff changes, the fact that servers population issues seem to have dominated the past 4 or 5 months, and the vagueness of the information that has been released, I think there is a sense that the game is adrift. I don't think the Livestream did much to change that impression.

BadOrb
09.24.2012 , 08:57 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I've asked a lot of "well-constructed" questions both all over the forum and in the previous Q and A's and never got s single answer than maybe "Sorry, we have no information on that." The reason we wanted the previous Q and A removed is because you chose only to answer the easy questions and not the ones that we wanted most, like when you blatantly ignored weeks of people asking about the same sex question. It was never something I cared about but it it made up like 1 out of every 3 questions and you still ignored it.

Finally, the Q and A de-evolved into basically telling us that you wouldn't answer anything that wasn't about things that have already been released or an upcoming patch once it had been announced. IOW, nothing we really cared about knowing because you pretty much already told us. Now, you come on with this crap and give us the same exact restrictions like you're FOX news asking questions for an upcoming Romney interview.

Sorry, but I don't care about your favorite color and I don't need to ask questions about stuff you've already told us everything about.

I want to know about when the paid transfers are coming. Chat bubbles? Level cap increase?! If you can't answer these questions yet, then you have no credibility.

You want to impress this community, start answering the questions in the Suggestions area, or as many have come to know it, the place where hard questions and ideas go to die.
All that text to ask about chat bubbles and level cap increase ? We know level cap increase is coming out with Makeb. Chat bubbles we haven't got a proper answer for , which is strange.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

limenutpen
09.24.2012 , 09:45 AM | #179
I don't know why all the negative feedback here!

They said the live-stream would be about 1.4 and the upcoming update, and the developers where actually so helpful that they also answer other questions.
Like the Cather etc. The full interview was also posted on DarthHater just after it was finished.

I was happy enough with what they said.

Some answers I did not like but lets hope Bioware, LucasArts, EA or some1 else manages to turn this game around.

This game lost subs not because of communications, but mostly because of
1. no updates in last 5 months, considering the current status of End Game i.e a big Challenge
2. Patch 1.3 stuff should have been started included separately since launch (LFG, RWZ, UI, Customizations etc)
3. late server merges in June
4. the flop that was WvW or how it is known Ilum
5. Some stupid Nerf early on in the game where useless (read Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor mostly Sage and Shadow classes and the Imp counterparts).

I think if these where better managed SWTOR still would have 1 million+ subs.... That is my 2 cents

The Dev Tracker in recent times is being very helpful answering questions what was coming in a week, today in a every day basis.
Thank you mostly to Alison and Joveth!
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

Troll_Terminator
09.24.2012 , 11:22 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
I don't know why all the negative feedback here!

They said the live-stream would be about 1.4 and the upcoming update, and the developers where actually so helpful that they also answer other questions.
Like the Cather etc. The full interview was also posted on DarthHater just after it was finished.

I was happy enough with what they said.

Some answers I did not like but lets hope Bioware, LucasArts, EA or some1 else manages to turn this game around.

This game lost subs not because of communications, but mostly because of
1. no updates in last 5 months, considering the current status of End Game i.e a big Challenge
2. Patch 1.3 stuff should have been started included separately since launch (LFG, RWZ, UI, Customizations etc)
3. late server merges in June
4. the flop that was WvW or how it is known Ilum
5. Some stupid Nerf early on in the game where useless (read Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor mostly Sage and Shadow classes and the Imp counterparts).

I think if these where better managed SWTOR still would have 1 million+ subs.... That is my 2 cents

The Dev Tracker in recent times is being very helpful answering questions what was coming in a week, today in a every day basis.
Thank you mostly to Alison and Joveth!
They lost 1 million of subs because of this? Another drama queen on the swtor forums, what a big surprise.