Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

The_Scatman
09.23.2012 , 08:07 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
They have to get money out of the F2P cheap *****es somehow.

And if you sub you get a bunch of coins to spend on whatever you want each month.
yeah, they do the same on STO. The problem is, anything worth buying takes months of saving up those monthly stipends...

The_Scatman
09.23.2012 , 08:09 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Redat View Post
QTF, as this guy can clarify, the FACTS I quoted about STO's downward spiral are quite true.......and relevant.
Yup, sto is heading for the dump sadly. I loved that game before PWE got their grubby hands on it...

Sorenia
09.23.2012 , 08:29 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Where do you people get off?

What do you mean "Normal Content"?
I define normal content as roughly what I would get in other MMOs. It's a new content patch after a very long wait and that means new gear appearances to me. I don't care what tier they want to call it or what reasons they give. It's been several months and that means give me my freaking new armor sets.

I've ALREADY PAID them for this next content patch. They took my money for months on end and now the armor sets that provide the interesting reward from raiding have been stolen to put in some F2P cash grab gambling boxes.

Glower
09.24.2012 , 06:12 AM | #54
Quote:
The gear you will find will be interesting to everyone because it is not going to be restricted by class or by faction and all moddable.
No light/medium/heavy? All the same? Even in GW2 cash-shop there are some light/medium/heavy gear sets...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Ameepa
09.24.2012 , 06:17 AM | #55
Brrrhh.. Gambling boxes are the worst things ever introduced to cash shops. Especially if they can actually have something usable in them. They're like lowest of the low. Real scum of the universe. :P

DarkDisturbed
09.24.2012 , 08:36 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
So now we know why the new raid tier is getting jipped on new armor sets.

Essentially art time got put into these gambling boxes and thus we have no new armor tier. .
If you're going to post whiny threads, at least be informed as to what you're actually whining about.

This next gear set is still part of Tier 2, it is supposed to have the same art style, but different coloration. If you didn't realize, this is how Tionese, Columi, Rakata work. This is how Black Hole, Campaign, Dread Guard will work also.

When we see a new gear tier, (Probably NM TFB) we'll see a new art style.

Keypek
09.24.2012 , 08:42 AM | #57
The GW2 boxes are completely different than what these are. Those always give something useful and never have anything amazing in them.

No it's rubbish for the rest of us. EA will see this as easy money and give up on meaningful content. The whole MMO industry is going to devolve into this crap.

Why make good games when you can get away with unregulated gambling?
There's one other very important note about GW2... it's FREE. No not this supposed f2p bioware is offering but actually free to play. I don't mind paying for a sub and I don't mind having a cash shop but the two should never go together. That's just them trying to milk more money without adding more real content. If this really lets them add content every 6 weeks like they say I might give them a break but I have to see it to believe it as EA has played this song and dance with Warhammer once already.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Elfa
09.24.2012 , 08:52 AM | #58
The Japanese started that little Key and crate thing. Now it's everywhere. AS long as they also give keys away as rare drops ingame, it'll work without much complaint.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

BlazingShadow
09.24.2012 , 09:01 AM | #59
I define normal content as roughly what I would get in other MMOs. It's a new content patch after a very long wait and that means new gear appearances to me. I don't care what tier they want to call it or what reasons they give. It's been several months and that means give me my freaking new armor sets.

I've ALREADY PAID them for this next content patch. They took my money for months on end and now the armor sets that provide the interesting reward from raiding have been stolen to put in some F2P cash grab gambling boxes.
if normal content is what you want, and you're not getting that content here, but it is in other MMOs... why are you here?

You pay for access to the game, you don't pay them for content patches. "Game experience MAY change" doesn't mean it will, and sure as hell not likely when you want it to.

You are making baseless accusations. For all you know, they were NEVER going to add that armor because the RvR of introducing new armor was very low... but Microtransactions.. bam, instant cash cow for every suit.

ZionHalcyon
09.24.2012 , 09:05 AM | #60
You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?
Given that the previous tier (Tionese, Columi, Rakata) are 3 armors that are pallete swaps, I find the whole premise of this thread, silly, reactionary, foolish, ridiculous, and not well-thought out.