Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Need" Biometric Crystal Alloy

MaZeW
09.13.2012 , 03:38 AM | #21
In Random FPs I usually only ''NEED" the BC when I intend to use it to craft Equip for the Char I'm currently playing. Not for toons, not for companions, not for guildies.
With Biochems and Cybertechs who want it for medkits, stims and granates. There I always 'Greed'

As for 'Needing' for companions, ask at the beginning of the FP otherwise I would consider it Ninjaing

Veniras
09.13.2012 , 03:46 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Donovan_Kure View Post
Now, do understand, I always ask first, or at least wait for group to all greed for that particular piece of gear before I make my decision.

Anyway, opinions?
Needing for comps is a no-go without asking. I've greeded for many an item my companion could use just to have the last guy need for his companion and saying "but you all greeded, you didn't need them. My comp needs it."

mcrmorgan
09.13.2012 , 05:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Needing for comps is a no-go without asking. I've greeded for many an item my companion could use just to have the last guy need for his companion and saying "but you all greeded, you didn't need them. My comp needs it."
That always annoys me, generally when I start off I say that I'm gearing up X companion and will need only on items for them and will pass on all others. Normally this works fine, if someone says they need the gear for their main and would be polite about it I normally go along with the group anyway, if however they become hostile about I apologise to the non hostile group members and drop group.

MAXLD
09.21.2012 , 07:54 AM | #24
When not in guild run it's always tricky (and usually nobody cares to talk about it anyway when FP starts), so my point of view on Biometric's and other stuff is:

- Biometric Crystal Alloy: I usually wait a bit to see what others do, rolling on the other stuff in the meanwhile, and then I decide what to choose. If someone chooses Need, I'll choose Need. If everyone else chooses Greed, I'll choose Greed.
Not sure if all people use those crystals for crafting, but I have Armscraft, and: if I get them on the roll, great, I'll have use for them for that crafting skill. If not, no problem.

- Regular non-Class stuff (green/blue/orange): Being currently a lvl50 (columi/BH/Rakata geared) , I always Greed, like everyone else (for selling/reverse-Eng.). (Orange stuff: while leveling the toon I choose Need when it's my stats and I need the item/mods inside, Greed if it's lower level than mine, Pass when it's not my stat based (willpower, strength...)).

- Valuable non-Class stuff (Exotech): Always Pass on stuff that doesn't have my stats, like Willpower, Strength, etc... I leave them to others to use on their companions (or to sell).

- Class locked valuable stuff (schematics/Tionese/Columi/Rakata): Always Pass if it's not my class, others will certainly find use for it. Greed on my class Tionese/Columi stuff if I don't need those for me, but could use to equip a regular companion I use, or sell later. Need on my class Rakata/schematics if I need it for me or for the companion I use the most (if I already have the item on me and regular companion, I'll choose Pass).

On OPs it's more easy since I do them with the guild.

jeniyagyu
09.21.2012 , 08:28 AM | #25
I did HM EV yesterday greeding on BCA's and got at least 1 when pushing greed.

When I run FP's with my level 40 smuggler I will often times I say up front that they can need on Cunning gear if they need for comps because I am usually over geared (My bf's 50 runs me for gear). Although it doesn't seem to drop any cunning gear lately, lol.

I ALWAYS pass on Jedi Knight gear on my shadow (I don't even have a STR comp), but everything else I hit "Greed" on. (Most of my comps are Tionese geared anyway, and plan to use my comms to get them all to columi, but anyway...)

I always hit greed, if someone needs it, that is ok, cuz they are like 10k on teh GTN on my server (cheap cheap!).
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Ycoga
09.24.2012 , 08:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Needing without asking is a ninja on crafting materials as far as I am concern.
Ridiculous; if you and another person need it, then you both click 'need' and let the dice decide.

Nobody needs your permission to Need an item, and you don't owe anyone an explanation.

If this was not true, the Need and Greed mechanics would not be in the game.

On the other hand I know how touchy people can get. I once Needed a pair of Columi boots after taking a 2 month break from the game and didnt realise I already had a pair. Someone in my party did realise and said I was a ninja. I was affected by his rage: all I'd done was click Need - he also has a Need button. What's the problem?
Sometimes mistakes happen.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

mikebevo
09.24.2012 , 09:27 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Ridiculous; if you and another person need it, then you both click 'need' and let the dice decide.

Nobody needs your permission to Need an item, and you don't owe anyone an explanation.
Where did I say that I needed a explanation. A simple "can I need" is all I need to say yes (and I will hit pass). Also guess you missed the part where I wrote "as far as I am concern." I never wrote anywhere were my opinion is Law, it is merely my opinion and I stand by it. I always greed and I have put over 15 in our guild bank (that includes FP and Ops) over the past 2 weeks, so I find it hard to believe people have trouble getting them.

Larry_Dallas
09.24.2012 , 09:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by THorsblood View Post
I'd say need is for when you are needing to crafting something to better yourself or other guildies, and Greed if you plan to sell what you make, Unless your the only one with max 400 skill...then need it up

BUT as always when in doubt ask the group!

*and technically i guess i shouldn't reply as my highest is 47, but i consider what i said to be true enough.
Bout sums it up. But if you DO need to craft something, go ahead and need it. Most of us have a billion of these things and nothing to use them on, nor do they sell for anything.

Kharlian
10.15.2012 , 01:05 AM | #29
Since I read this thread for the first time, i started to "greed" it, always. And, since then, i played a lot, but never got any.

theblaznee
10.15.2012 , 04:38 AM | #30
Crafting mats in PuG's I always need on.. Simply because I can't be sure everyone will follow some arbitrary unwritten rule.. Whence, same chance for everyone if everyone rolls Need..

Armor/weapon drops though.. Not for companions unless you ask first.. That's pretty standard..
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!