Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overpowered By Far: The Issue Of HK-47

TalkingDinosaur
09.23.2012 , 10:12 PM | #21
I wrote out a guide as to help you with your problem, but because of it's size I placed it inside [SPOILER] tags.
Spoiler
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Suzina
09.23.2012 , 10:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
I wrote out a guide as to help you with your problem, but because of it's size I placed it inside [SPOILER] tags.
Spoiler
I wrote out a 2 part guide for you

Part 1
Spoiler

Part 2
Spoiler
Member of Bane Fleet

TalkingDinosaur
09.23.2012 , 10:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
I wrote out a 2 part guide for you

Part 1
Spoiler

Part 2
Spoiler
You wound me.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

POPsi
09.24.2012 , 01:53 AM | #24
The fight bugging out still has nothing to do with it being OP.

Nipanther
09.24.2012 , 06:44 AM | #25
HK-47 is not that difficult. Here are things to remember.

1) No one should be standing in the middle when the center piece comes down - Instant Death
2) Tank should taunt the adds when the come out so that healer can focus on the tank alone.
3) Something I see a lot is when the adds come out the DPS does not kill them. They are the first priority in the fight is to kill them. Tank taunts then is back on HK-47
4) When the 4 panels show up from the center coming down, destroy them so you can start attacking HK. Do this immediately.
5) try to position the adds together for AOE damage if you group has the proper abilities and know-how.

Do these things and its going to work out. I tanked this on my Sin when I was like 37.
The Deathwatch Legacy
Bracus:Kractious:Thantatos:Collumbiana:Shocktodeat h:Breakus:Akada

Toweleeeie
09.24.2012 , 10:23 PM | #26
This a L2P issue. I have healed and DPSed this fight 2 levels below HK-47.
Can I has more Sandbox?

DrewFromPhilly
09.25.2012 , 12:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nipanther View Post
1) No one should be standing in the middle when the center piece comes down - Instant Death
Yep, seen it happen. Hilarious!!

JMCH
09.26.2012 , 06:12 AM | #28
HK-47 is not that difficult. Here are things to remember.
You forgot the HK stealth/move/snipe bugged mechanics, leading to an invisible pillar falling on him even if he isn't anywhere near the center of the room...

... leading to death.

It seems this can be caused by AoE damage when he's supposed to be safe in the pillar, but it's not the only issue.

First attempt on him was solo with a barely decently geared 47 tank juggernaut, took me 4 attempts with all the bugs falling on me one after the other and the companion's control being quite hard (when not path-bugged too), wasn't perfect on the 4th but finally took him down.

Nipanther
09.26.2012 , 06:42 AM | #29
Even when he is bugged with the invisible pillar it is not hard to see whats going on. He stands there doing no damage and you cannot damage him. Simply move back. Yes, when its bugged it will cause problems and you may have to reset. I have done this fight multiple times in story mode and endless times in hardmode. L2P your role and know other people's roles as well.
The Deathwatch Legacy
Bracus:Kractious:Thantatos:Collumbiana:Shocktodeat h:Breakus:Akada

JMCH
09.26.2012 , 08:38 AM | #30
Even when he is bugged with the invisible pillar it is not hard to see whats going on.
Last time, he got hit while standing there.

Don't remember which tank I played when it occured, could be part of the issue... but that's no excuse for almost 1yr old bugs.

It's probably the most bugged encounter in the whole game, and so the hardest of all at times.