Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access and You, A Clarification

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Early Access and You, A Clarification

KJOH
12.13.2011 , 12:09 PM | #51
Patience is a virtue

Rumiana
12.13.2011 , 12:27 PM | #52
that most people don't have.

Oddnoun
12.13.2011 , 12:28 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ilara View Post
I am shocked by the number of people pissed off because they haven't gotten to play the game yet! HAVE YOU REALIZED THE GAME DOESN"T OFFICIALLY COME OUT UNTIL DEC 20?!! Bioware has graciously given us the opportunity to play early!! A whole week early! and you're complaining?! Seriously ungrateful is a word that comes to mind.

keep in mind that the more people that get in the game before you, the less people that will be in the starter zone stealing your mobs.
This is so very wrong. They are not gracious it is an entitlement to play early by preordering. We meet our side by giving them money early. They went ahead and decided to start 2 extra days early. That is their choice and I wish they will show less favoritism in the future however, they must provide those who preordered their extra 5 days.

If I do not have my extra 5 days I will be cancelling as I have seen EA games go down quickly when they fail to meet expectations.

Calanon
12.13.2011 , 12:50 PM | #54
Now is Battlelog for Battlefield 3 down and Origin ...

No SWTOR and no BF3 sigh...

Zakihashi
12.13.2011 , 12:52 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddnoun View Post
This is so very wrong. They are not gracious it is an entitlement to play early by preordering. We meet our side by giving them money early. They went ahead and decided to start 2 extra days early. That is their choice and I wish they will show less favoritism in the future however, they must provide those who preordered their extra 5 days.

If I do not have my extra 5 days I will be cancelling as I have seen EA games go down quickly when they fail to meet expectations.
The pre-order have never said anything other then upto 5 days early. If that means we get in on the 19th, they've kept their promise. There is nothing wrong in what they have done. and people who complain even 2 days ahead, really need to learn to read.

Yatzol
12.13.2011 , 12:55 PM | #56
yes yes yes and I would like to point out that on the packaging of the product it says early access with pre-order not early access with order of purchase. There is a huge difference. If you do not get in when every one does dum dee dum you didn't get early access! You got pre-release access yes but not early. Every one that got in first are the only ones to get early access and benifit from it. I can understand staggering for server stability, but anything more then a day or two an you gave some people early access and others pre-release access and WE PAID FOR EARLY ACCESS!!!!!!!!!!!! GG though

Rumiana
12.13.2011 , 12:55 PM | #57
Seriously, calm down. You'll get to play, eventually.

Warhowl
12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddnoun View Post

Bye now, enjoy the panda's
AMBER
SAGE
AGGRESSIVE NEGOTIATIONS

GKGK
12.13.2011 , 12:59 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Xontier View Post
What really ticks me off about this whole deal is we don't even know when we do get access. I don't mind waiting, I really don't, but at least have the decency to send me an email saying I'll be able to play on Dec X at Y:YY so I at least know, instead of waiting until the last freakin' minute when I'm finally granted access.
This ^^ - I have to agree, very poorly handled on BW's end (I'm being extremely kind lest I get banned off the forums).

I've no problem waiting - but it is happening contrary to posts stating otherwise; accounts aren't all necessarily being activated based on registration date of their codes. I think folks would be a lot more patient if they'd explain how they're doing it, rather than being mum and closing down complaint threads all over the place.

Darth_Jermz
12.13.2011 , 01:03 PM | #60
I could be playing right now if Gamestop didn't screw me over and not give me a code until September >_< I still have my invoice from pre-order on 7/21

oh well, back to Diablo 3 beta :<