Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

DahrenJex
09.23.2012 , 02:46 PM | #1
These are always amusing so here we go! OK, the first two are mine but the last one isn't. It's still funny, though.

1.) Not realizing what those little triangles over NPC's heads were until after getting so far into my class storyline that the quest level was twice my own. ("Why is this game so hard?!?! Oh...wait...")

Spoiler

3.) My healing ability was severely tested during early release on Tatooine for the Heroic +4 quest where you need to rescue hostages. The quest is around level 24, I was level 26 (the lowest level of the group) and the tank was level 30. I can't remember what the DPS levels were. We'd get in, the tank would pull, I'd let him take and deal some damage to make sure he had aggro, then throw every heal I had at him...except that I would aggro the entire mob of about nine elites immediately after that first heal. I'd die, we'd wipe, and then try a different tactic. Every time, same result. At least a dozen wipes. No matter how much damage the tank did, I'd pull the entire mob off of him after one heal and the group could not pull them off of me. So we go back to Anchorhead and ask for advice in general chat. Here's how the conversation went:

[Tank; General Chat]: Any tips?
[Random player #1, General Chat]: How's your healer?
[Random player #2, General Chat]: What CC are you doing?
[DPS1, GROUP chat]: What's CC?
[DPS2, GROUP chat]: I dunno...lemme ask

/facepalm

SwashbucklinChef
09.23.2012 , 03:05 PM | #2
At that point I don't think tanks have any AoE specific taunts. Best they can do is throw on taunt stance and hope what few aoe moves they have generates enough threat. Were you guys using any crowd control moves? Makes pulls with larger amount of enemies much, much easier.

Biggest TOR fail I had was during the heroic in the Black Hole with three other people. We blow open the door to get to the boss and the two DPS (Sentinels) force leap at the boss before everyone is in and an energy shield pops up, keeping myself and the healer out of the fight. Had to sit there and watch them wipe lol.

AshlaBoga
09.23.2012 , 03:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SwashbucklinChef View Post
At that point I don't think tanks have any AoE specific taunts. Best they can do is throw on taunt stance and hope what few aoe moves they have generates enough threat. Were you guys using any crowd control moves? Makes pulls with larger amount of enemies much, much easier.

Biggest TOR fail I had was during the heroic in the Black Hole with three other people. We blow open the door to get to the boss and the two DPS (Sentinels) force leap at the boss before everyone is in and an energy shield pops up, keeping myself and the healer out of the fight. Had to sit there and watch them wipe lol.
Had that happen in Cademimu once on the final boss, except with Mara's instead of Sentinels. I healed the Jug tank and he soloed the boss at level 22. And I we couldn't rez the Mara's because the door didn't open, the general just ran through it and attacked us (we made them say "Mara's are not tanks, I am a dps not a tank" before we rezzed them
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

DahrenJex
09.23.2012 , 03:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SwashbucklinChef View Post

HAHAHAHAHA!! I did have to chuckle at that one...partly 'cause I think I'd be one of those DPS who leaped right in.

As for the CC from my epic fail #3, I tried to Force Lift one before we went in but that aggro'd all of them faster than the tank could try to pull them. Yep, another wipe. The DPS had no idea what CC was so weren't doing any. It wasn't until we were getting ready to disband that they started realizing what they hadn't been doing and rattled off all of their CC abilities they could have used.

Jetronin
09.23.2012 , 03:20 PM | #5
Telling my guild not to stand in the AOE on Kephiss as he started AOEing me, I was streaming it as well.
Jedi Gardian - Tank
Guild Council of The Watch Republic-EU-PvE, currently recruiting

Say something positive: Get called a Fanboi
Say Something negative: Get called a Hater

heechJunzi
09.23.2012 , 03:32 PM | #6
I was leveling up normally on my trooper, having fun.... Then on Tattoine, I started getting strange responses near the end from quest givers. "You are not ready for this mission.". (Something along those lines.)

I go... Oh well, I guess I'm not high enough level. Or... Maybe this is just bugged, since it's clearly showing the quest marker. I only had a little left on Tat, finish up and onto Alderaan.

I'm able to do a few quests on alderaan, but before long I'm unable to pick up ANY quests. I skip entire hubs, but at least my class quest is working fine. Mid way thru, even my class quest is now bugging out. I fire off a RAGE quit ticket to customer service.. And they get back to me: "you're only allowed 30 quests in your mission book". Oops.

Theyve updated the message since!
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

XaporKux
09.23.2012 , 03:35 PM | #7
Not knowing what cc was on my first char until level 40!!

"Use your cc Xap god dam!! Huh??
"Be safe out there"
Est.Nov 2008

Screaming_Ziva
09.23.2012 , 03:37 PM | #8
On my Inquisitor (first character), I didn't realize what Seethe did until I was almost finished with Dromund Kass.

JustARandomGuy
09.23.2012 , 04:06 PM | #9
For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin....
‘Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but greater minds rise above them’
Ralph Waldo Emerson

SamuraBob_Fl
09.23.2012 , 11:19 PM | #10
Soon after release, I'm doing Hammer Station with my brother. I'm tanking, he's healing, companions are DPS. We start getting near the end, and I cross this energy-looking bridge across a tube and pull a pack. Everything's going smoothly, the pack's nearly down when I notice my brother's toon is suddenly dead. So I finish off the pack, and run back onto the bridge to see what happened to him. Then the bridge disappeared and I died too.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE