Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FYI - Don't panic, Origin is just incompetent

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FYI - Don't panic, Origin is just incompetent

xxWargodxx
12.19.2011 , 10:30 PM | #1
So I still haven't received my email from Origin with my 'Product Code' in it for release activation. So earlier, in panic mode, I contacted Origin 'help' via chat. After 30 mins Harold said that my order was complete but that they hadn't received payment yet so I had no key.

Yeah, wrap your head around that one. According to them, I pre-ordered the game 3 weeks ago, got my pre-order key but am unable to obtain my go-live key because they haven't received payment. Thanks Origin for letting me play SWTOR for free for the last few days! Except, of course, my bank is showing payment 3 weeks ago...

Then Harold drops the bomb on me - he says that I need to wait until tomorrow and if I can't get into the game to contact them again and they'll resolve it. "Excuse me Harold, why can't you resolve it today?" Harold says they've done all they can on their end, so sorry, talk to you later.

Out of pure frustration I troll the Origin website and stumble upon my account information and buried inside of it is...a go-live product code for SWTOR. I plug it into swtor.com and bang, I'm set for official release.

So, if you still haven't received your go-live key email from Origin, and have paid for it, my suggestion to you would be to go to the origin website and check your account details for your activation key.

Oh, and I'd also suggest that absolutely under no circumstances should you contact 'help' because they are apparently anything but.

P.S. great game guys!

ryanrr
12.19.2011 , 10:32 PM | #2
And origin is incompetent why?

Perhaps overwhelmed but i wouldn't say incompetent.
Oh no!! No gearscore or DPS meters... Leave your hate, elitism, ego and 'virtual' self-worth in Azeroth.

Ceranas
12.19.2011 , 10:42 PM | #3
How do you even get to your account on Origin? I logged in but I can't seem to find the way to get into my account.

IAmYourGod
12.19.2011 , 10:47 PM | #4
I've the production key and i'm still yet to be charged... strange thing this is.
It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others and believing in your own... Isn't that... what... you fought for? -Big Boss

Darth_Precursor
12.19.2011 , 10:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceranas View Post
How do you even get to your account on Origin? I logged in but I can't seem to find the way to get into my account.
Yeah same here....?
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Losermonkey
12.19.2011 , 10:56 PM | #6
I contacted Origin because I lost my pre-order code. One guy was very rude and said the only way I could get the code re-sent was if I had a confirmation number. Tried the next day and the lady sent it to me right away by looking up my email.

Darth_Precursor
12.19.2011 , 10:57 PM | #7
Can anyone help me access my account info on origin? I can't find it.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion