Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
09.21.2012 , 10:53 AM | #1581
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Aaah!! Morgani!! So so good! first of all, naked Pierce..yum! secondly Aaaaaaah!! What is happening? Can't wait for more!
This!!! I'm on tenterhooks here!!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
09.21.2012 , 11:16 AM | #1582
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Spoiler

I like how this came out!

@Irrissa love it! The sudden transition from lovely stately pace to "what did you just say" was great.

If you want to tag the story for space, preface it with [ spoiler] and end it with [ /spoiler], just remove the spaces from inside those brackets.

@Striges I like Hepoul. I like his mind.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Spoiler
kabeone, I think I love you. That, and then the mounting Sherlock Holmes vibes just filled me with joy.

Also Biron. But also Sherlock Holmes. God, there is no character here I do not enjoy.

Spoiler
In a lovely passage, for some reason this just struck me as especially lovely and poignant.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
09.21.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1583
@Everyone Thanks for the encouragement about Talos and Quinn, I like them together.

@Earthmama beautiful and sweet I keep hoping for something with Ava and her mother to work out.

@Morgani *cheer*cheer*cheer*

Morgani
09.21.2012 , 07:32 PM | #1584
Sisterhood part 3

Part 1 here
Part 2 here

Thanks again Kabe for chugging through this and keeping me on track. And thanks to Earthmama and bright_ephemera for helping get a hold of Pierce's character, both for last scene and extending into this one.

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Striges
09.21.2012 , 08:05 PM | #1585
@ Morgani: Woo I get to read both bits together! Really very interested to see the rest of this story. Jaesa--creepy. I have a DS Jaesa and she was still creepy.

Like a true Miralukan bride she had crafted her veil, taking pieces from her mothers, which had pieces from her grandmothers, it held veils of almost seven generations, the reason for the length.

She smiled sadly knowing she would be the last to wear it, it was the reason she had added the teardrop diamonds. Images of Avacynne came unbidden to her minds eye, her fiery little daughter, she swallowed back the emotion, trusting in the force, perhaps it would guide her daughter back to her one day, and Elliah could give her the family veil.
This little bit, so poignant. Very sweet, Earthmama.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Striges, you write about the Chiss as if you actually are one, and since I have already admitted to being fascinated by them, I loved your story.
Wow, thank you. This has to be about the highest praise you can get, writing about a fictional species. *bows* I am honored.

Morgani
09.22.2012 , 09:56 AM | #1586
Sisterhood Part 4

I'm incredibly late so I won't be linking the other parts this time. They're up there. Thank you Kabe! I'm going to keep thanking you cause you really helped me out.

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

elliotcat
09.22.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1587
Eep, sorry prompts are late! I got distracted by the lovely folks in our IRC chatroom.

Week of 9/21/12
Parenthood - Many of our characters either have issues with their parents, are parents themselves, or both. Parents can make things complicated, whether it's simply the generational gap or the fact that they aren't great parents.
Affection - It's more than just a game mechanic. How do your characters show it, whether to their lover or their family or to their friends? Does it always have the intended effect, or do things get lost in translation?

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

imnotawitch
09.22.2012 , 12:46 PM | #1588
Title: Sith Affection

Characters: Draagh, SW (Lucerna), Baras, mentions of Quinn.

Spoilers: Major Act 3 SW spoilers

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

SveinEternity
09.22.2012 , 02:08 PM | #1589
Haven't posted here in a while, but whipped something together to get a break from well everything. Also, love everyone's stories so far, got some catching up to do.:

Prompt :Affection and Ceremony

Title: Birthday

Featuring: Vette and Quinn (Svein mentioned) Quinncident spoiler sort of

Spoiler
The Eternity Legacy

bright_ephemera
09.22.2012 , 06:05 PM | #1590
Parenting: Ambition, starring Ruth and Rylon Niral. 300 words, no spoilers.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.