Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

reposted again.. warzone leavers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
reposted again.. warzone leavers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wezli
09.19.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1
sorry to repost again i've seen SOOO many threads about this i know, but i was wondering if there has been any developer response to this at all? i havnt seen anything in the dev trackers not sure if this is just a problem for the bastion server or if it is going on in all the servers? Not sure if this is working as intended or maybe its just me qq'ing about it because i find it annoying.

Just curious what can be done about it because i think if they put a major debuff of some sort on the leaver then who will que for the next warzone? we have to wait for a warzone as is ,not on peak hours, so maybe a buff to people to who stay the whole match maybe? But that could lead to afking again in warzones which is just as bad if not worse.

Any new ideas or maybe i could just suck it up and qq to myself I just find it a little annoying and i can't get geared very steadily because of the constant loses.. thanks for your time and as always flame on

Pistols
09.19.2012 , 12:42 PM | #2
Sadly there is nothing that can be done. If they implemented any type of debuff, the leavers would simply just sit at a node and go AFK. By the same token, I don't disagree with leaving WZ's, as sometimes you get peeps who completely ignore objectives, and make it miserable for those trying to win. The coin indeed has 2 sides. Either way, I don't see any change to the mechanics that would curb the issue, it's just one of those things.

wezli
09.19.2012 , 12:45 PM | #3
thank you for the reply and for your point of view.. guess i'll just have to suck it up

Neoforcer
09.19.2012 , 12:57 PM | #4
The only reply is that they made 1.4 back fill warzone when player leave faster so you will always have more player's replaced then one's that leave.

Gallifrayen
09.19.2012 , 01:25 PM | #5
There should be a punishment for leaving.

Players that always leave if its not going their way are the people complaining at 50 that pvp is too hard blah blah gear too big a factor.

Gear is a lot smaller factor than knowing how to play, not ever battleground is going to go your way even if you're in a pre-made.

cycao
09.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Sadly there is nothing that can be done. If they implemented any type of debuff, the leavers would simply just sit at a node and go AFK. By the same token, I don't disagree with leaving WZ's, as sometimes you get peeps who completely ignore objectives, and make it miserable for those trying to win. The coin indeed has 2 sides. Either way, I don't see any change to the mechanics that would curb the issue, it's just one of those things.
I mainly agree with this. I would think a debuff would cause more harm than good.

Letallis
09.19.2012 , 02:13 PM | #7
To be honest sometimes my graphics card does a nose dive when I get in a WZ. I'd hate to get punished cause i had to reboot.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

AllisonBerryman
09.21.2012 , 01:01 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!

FourTwent
09.21.2012 , 01:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!
holy smokes, they posted in the pvp forums. something is wrong here

jibboo
09.21.2012 , 01:03 PM | #10
Incentives to stay in the WZ would be preferred.

We don't need any more reasons not to queue.
Zimbra - Assassin