Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overpowered By Far: The Issue Of HK-47

Irongut
09.21.2012 , 06:24 AM | #11
HK isn't op, I've beaten him in a group that was temporarily missing one of our dps. The only times I've wiped at HK were when it bugged and the cylinder came down on top of the tank (me) and one night when we had an under levelled healer who was struggling to keep up.

Read / watch a guide and learn his mechanics, then it's easy.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

xstortion
09.21.2012 , 06:39 AM | #12
This is literally one of the hardest fights in Story and HM with over geared people. All other fights go extremely smooth but this one seems to hit a lot harder than FE, Kaon and Battle or Ilum. Seems a little weird. It is not saying that I can't get past it it just seems to be harder than the others. Lots of times it does tend to bug on both Hard and Story. So yeah I can relate to the OP.

I guess u can say this is one of the more unforgiving fights if you do something wrong.

Vankris
09.21.2012 , 07:27 AM | #13
please stop asking to nerf an already easy enough game.
Rise to the challenge, don't dumb the challenge to your level.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

POPsi
09.21.2012 , 07:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
This is literally one of the hardest fights in Story and HM with over geared people. All other fights go extremely smooth but this one seems to hit a lot harder than FE, Kaon and Battle or Ilum. Seems a little weird. It is not saying that I can't get past it it just seems to be harder than the others. Lots of times it does tend to bug on both Hard and Story. So yeah I can relate to the OP.

I guess u can say this is one of the more unforgiving fights if you do something wrong.
You are doing something worng. HM is a bit harder due to additional mechanics, but if you know how to counter it's not something people can't manage. I healed this countless times, did it recently too on HM (having 4 BM pieces and 1 columi), never had a problem once so far beating it. No one was overgeared. Normal mode FPs OP? For new players possibly, for someone who knows the mechanics it's walk in the park. All of them. There are guides out there you know, go read them, know what and when to do instead of complaining on the forums about something that is not justified.

xstortion
09.21.2012 , 08:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
You are doing something worng. HM is a bit harder due to additional mechanics, but if you know how to counter it's not something people can't manage. I healed this countless times, did it recently too on HM (having 4 BM pieces and 1 columi), never had a problem once so far beating it. No one was overgeared. Normal mode FPs OP? For new players possibly, for someone who knows the mechanics it's walk in the park. All of them. There are guides out there you know, go read them, know what and when to do instead of complaining on the forums about something that is not justified.
Trust me I know the fight never really checked the peoples gear around me but Malgus seems easier at times. If I know my party this is a breeze but certain pugs seem to have a much more challenging time. I am not screaming nerf in any way.

ATAMIANM
09.21.2012 , 11:43 AM | #16
A lot depends on your team. If your tank isn't tanking, your DPS isn't DPSing, or your healer isn't healing, bad things can happen.

CitizenFry
09.22.2012 , 10:21 AM | #17
I've gotten instagibbed plenty of times by the pillar dropping on HK when he was not in the center.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Larry_Dallas
09.23.2012 , 02:10 AM | #18
He's either enraging (potc) or enrage-bugging. TC, are you and the other 3 hitting the buttons when the thing comes down on him?

SleepyKing
09.23.2012 , 03:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
I thought this was going to be about the numerous amount of bugs that he has if you DPS too fast. With all of your group 4 levels higher, that may have been the problem. Did you suffer from:
- continously spawning adds instead of spawning on emotes?
- non-clickable plates, causing him to receive his buff and the central column to not raise so he could be damaged?
- him getting his buff and sniping for 75% of the fight even though the plates were clicked and the column raised back up?

There was one or two more, but I have forgotten now.
Getting stuck in the middle (and then crushed) was another one. Sometimes, if you're meleeing HK-47 in the middle, and he's about to do his shield call down (a red circle appears around him) the game bugs and you can't run away, like there's an invisible wall. This is definitely the buggiest fight in the game that I've encountered!

Still, I find HK himself not that tough. Most wipes IME seem to happen because the additional droids ambush the rest of the party (especially the healer). Basically it's this:
- The tank has to keep HK's aggro, but not necessarily always attack him. Instead, the tank should also tank the new droids.
- Kill the adds first. When they're about to appear, get ready to monster them as soon as they step out of their niche. Even better, if you have an unlimited droid CC (like on a Sentinel), have a plan. Say "we'll CC the left one, so everybody focus on the right one first".
- Whenever the shield is about to come down, quickly position yourself at the four corners of the shield to immediately bring it back up.

Suzina
09.23.2012 , 09:55 PM | #20
It's important to note that there are bugs in that HK-47 fight. If all 4 DPS click the clickable buttons at the same time as soon as they appear, it's possible to bug the encounter causing him to do massive damage. Have no more than 2 people working those clickable buttons and you'll find it's impossible to do it too fast. Either that, or tell everyone to count off 3 seconds before clicking.

If you are not killing the droid adds, HK-47 will also do massive damage. This is actually an intentional mechanic. The "clicking too fast" causing this ability is a bug.
Member of Bane Fleet