Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterRoberts
09.21.2012 , 06:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediNg View Post
The Jedi Initiate's Vestments are hood down.
I think that 1 is a light armor if I remeber correctly, just need 1 heavy for my Knight.
Some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them

Yogol
09.21.2012 , 08:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Unless you are a Twi'lek, you need keep your hood up and mask on!

Seriously, there needs to be a Twi'lek only fleet and only Twi'leks should be allowed to hide the head slot. The rest of y'all are too hard to look at sometimes.
We need a subsribers-only server much more than we need a twi'lek only place, me think.

Besides... wormheads aren't good for much, they should never have left Ryloth!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Noriosi
09.21.2012 , 09:07 AM | #23
I agree w/ the OP.... sometimes I want my hood up, sometimes I want to see my toons pretty face... give us a damn
/hood option man!
If Rock 'n' Roll was a drug, I would of OD'd along time ago

manchusabre
09.21.2012 , 01:11 PM | #24
Isn't hood up supposed to be like using some type of stealth mind trick invisible thing. After 6 months of hood up and wearing a masquerade party mask as a guardian, this would be such a cool thing to do.

Foxinator
09.21.2012 , 01:52 PM | #25
They said it would be in the next major patch after 1.2 which would be 1.3 yet it wasn't in that and it won't be in 1.4 so i'am guessing around 5-9 months.

Blackavaar
09.21.2012 , 02:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Dont think so, bioware developers dont know how to do it,i mean lets face it,if they did we wouls have this option now.....
They managed to make the hoods disappear when the robes are worn by Twi'leks. I'm sure they can figure out how to make that into a toggle. It's just a matter of time and with F2P coming up I'm sure it's something they are working on.

I think the main thing holding it up is, this time they want to do it right.
With the Twi'leks, it just removes the hood altogether. But what they want is for the hood to appear in the down position. In order to do that they need to do new artwork for any robe that would use this feature and that's a lot of work.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Blackavaar
09.21.2012 , 02:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRoberts View Post
I think that 1 is a light armor if I remeber correctly, just need 1 heavy for my Knight.
That one is Light armor. For a Sentinel you could use the Aspiring Knights armor, but as a Guardian you're out of luck. Unless you want to wear Trooper armor you get a hood with nearly every option you have.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Wolfninjajedi
09.21.2012 , 02:37 PM | #28
It'll come, perhaps not in 1.4 but in the sub 1.4 patches it will. So really, it would still be coming in this update just not at the launch of it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

MattBoudreaux
10.09.2012 , 09:14 AM | #29 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!
Gameplay Programmer
BioWare Austin

Alec_Fortescue
10.09.2012 , 09:36 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MattBoudreaux View Post
Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!
Great to get some sort of an answer on this. It still looks like it is a long way ahead. Why wouldn't it be possible to get at least one hood down set in the short future?

Why is this set available in character creation/character selection screen but is nowhere to be found in the game? ;/
http://postimage.org/image/5fia16lmx/
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware