Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

randalthorr
09.21.2012 , 02:56 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
I suspect that Bioware might have signed contract with service provider for these 3 servers for running within certain period, while they thought SWTOR would had e a huge demand with enough ppl to fill up at least 3 servers for years.

Although now is clearly not the case, they have to stuck with 3 servers at the min.. Whether they keep the servers or not, rental payment must continue. Hence, Bioware is hopeless on this issue as well as like us. LOL.

(My guessing)
Even if that is the case, they can pay the rent while allowing transfers between the three APAC servers. This way we can do the work ourselves, get organised and migrate to one central server. We actually wont be needing super servers to support the load even with all three servers combined. lol
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

MatlockW
09.21.2012 , 02:58 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
I suspect that Bioware might have signed contract with service provider for these 3 servers for running within certain period, while they thought SWTOR would had e a huge demand with enough ppl to fill up at least 3 servers for years.

Although now is clearly not the case, they have to stuck with 3 servers at the min.. Whether they keep the servers or not, rental payment must continue. Hence, Bioware is hopeless on this issue as well as like us. LOL.

(My guessing)
Your post makes zero sense. Even if they're locked into renting servers out, why alienate large numbers of subscribers and reducing their revenue by forcing people to play on dead servers?

Superpasta
09.21.2012 , 03:00 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post
Even if that is the case, they can pay the rent while allowing transfers between the three APAC servers. This way we can do the work ourselves, get organised and migrate to one central server. We actually wont be needing super servers to support the load even with all three servers combined. lol
Maybe they are waiting or dreaming (depends on the result) F2P to save these hopeless servers.

Mjollnir
09.21.2012 , 03:03 AM | #74
Here's the response from forwarding a ticket about this several days ago.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us to let us know about your query on Asia Pacific server consolidations's additional character slot.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenienced caused.

I apologize, however, I am unable to comment further on your query because the information that you are requesting has not yet been made available to players through the official website. Please note that all of the most up-to-date Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ information currently available can be found on our website.

I also recommend that you post feedbacks and suggestions in the Suggestion Box area of the official Community Forums. Please remember that we are always open to hearing constructive feedback and ideas from our players.

The development team often offer teasers and previews of new content and address player concerns directly on the forums, and the Developer Tracker is a quick way to see all of the most recent forum posts from Star Wars: The Old Republic developers. You can find the Dev tracker here: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php.

Don’t forget to sign-up for our newsletter so you can be among the first to receive our announcements: http://www.swtor.com.

Thank you again for letting us know about your concern.

Should you need further assistance with this matter or any other concerns you may encounter while playing, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Emmanuel
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Now you can invite your friends to try out Star Wars: The Old Republic for free. Visit www.swtor.com/info/friends for more information, and help them get started today!

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!
https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=U3-M16463341
Apologies mean squat if nothing is being done. Like the most recent Dev post, it's the same 'ol generic slap in the face to the Oceanic community. Decent customer service would at least try and appease us, rather than continuing to upset the player base.

EAware has show total disregard to any issues that have arisen from this weeks maintenance. Even the US/European have been getting vague, uninformative responses to issues regarding character names, last minute announcements of additional server mergers, etc.

They seem to have all their hopes pinned on F2P making this game successful, yet they seem to be happy to drive off their actual paying customers.

Reble-Dog-Squad
09.21.2012 , 03:14 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
They seem to have all their hopes pinned on F2P making this game successful, yet they seem to be happy to drive off their actual paying customers.
Maybe that's their plan, drive away the old customers and start with fresh new customers via the F2P model as they would be unaware of the games problems and would not be "pestering" them to fix their game.

In EA/Bioware's mind that would equate to starting over.
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

Superpasta
09.21.2012 , 03:26 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by MatlockW View Post
Your post makes zero sense. Even if they're locked into renting servers out, why alienate large numbers of subscribers and reducing their revenue by forcing people to play on dead servers?
It's just a causal guessing man, "why so serious?!" . It's just fun to troll the forum when there nothing to do ingame.

Plus, "make sense"??? Does Bioware look like to you they are "make sense" on running this game so far? Does the DEV replied you to shut up and don't post /sign or /+1 instead of PR & ans. our question actually making sense??

Most of the time, fact exists not need to be make sense. Like politics. Now also running a MMO.

maddogj
09.21.2012 , 04:04 AM | #77
now i have just been through all the post and found that the population of this game are right!!!!!!!!!!
so y don't you listen and do the right thing

Cheezfriend
09.21.2012 , 04:58 AM | #78
Hey guys, Chippy here! Excuse any errors as I'm using a mobile device!

Firstly thanks for the huge support from everyone and especially to the players from USA and Europe for supporting us although this doesnt affect them.

Can we please keep it civil, and keep the concerns coming!

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Hello everyone! We thank you for taking the time to constructively express your concerns, but want to remind you that "bumping" and other posts that do not contribute to discussion (such as "/signed" and "+1") are not allowed. We encourage you to continue discussing the issues that are important to you, but ask that you avoid making posts that do not have content that can be discussed. Thank you!
At least they are watching this thread closely, les not breach the rules.

Secondly I am very disappointed with the following tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joveth/st...10908275589120

Joveth,

There are pages and pages of comments in this thread with zero response from an online community manager such as yourself. Someone sends you a 5 second tweet and you replied with the above. I have put a lot of thought and effort in this post and am disappointed there is still no official reply.

Joveth, perhaps you could contact me via my email address in my account details and discuss this matter further?

To the community

Remember Do not give up! keep e posts coming, email customer service, get on twitter, etc etc.

In my opinion we are not getting what we pay for, we are getting a sub standard product, and we are not getting the same gaming experience as the rest of the world. We have to keep our voices heard. Just because we are in a different part of the world we should not be ignored or treated like second rate customers.

Give us a fair go!

This is only the start, I will Continue the fight for the APAC and oceanic community.

thanks

Chippy

JcPogi
09.21.2012 , 05:13 AM | #79
Server merge will make those players who unsubscribed come back for sure!! This is a win for BioWare/ EA! Not only, it will make us Oceanic players happy because of the healthy server population again, for you guys, BioWare will have more moolah because of the subscriptions!.. It's both a WIN-WIN for all of us.

TOG_satan
09.21.2012 , 05:43 AM | #80
My last reply from customer service was that Oceanic servers wouldnt be getting 12 slots, only consolidated servers would (which i dont know if its true since customer service seems to give different answers/solutions to problems depending on who is replying).