Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overpowered By Far: The Issue Of HK-47

Eaglesmith
09.20.2012 , 08:24 AM | #1
Hello everyone! i just wanted to bring up an issue ive notice in the flahpoint "the foundry". The second boss, HK-47, is obtusly overpowered. I was in a group of three forties, including myself, and aa fourty-two healer. HK should have been easy! He was four levels smaller than our weakest member, and we attempted, without ANY succsess. Please Bioware, i love this game, but this is not giving me optimism for future flashpoints. I mean seriously, a 36 was beating 4 40s butts to next week! Please fix this, and to everyone reading, Good Hunting!

Atramar
09.20.2012 , 08:28 AM | #2
Where are you dying? are you doing everything according to guide?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

xZarquon
09.20.2012 , 08:31 AM | #3
So, can you explain the details further? what's killing you? snipe? droids? unable to damage the boss? I haven't done story mode foundry in probably 9 months, so I don't really remember the details of this fight on that mode. The largest damage he does is with his snipe ability, but this only gets truly problematic if you fail to break all of the panels in time when the central console comes down and surrounds him. He'll then go into "assassination mode" or something and repeatedly snipe the party for uber damage. If you get all the panels, the central pillar goes back up and it's business as usual. Make sure your tank picks up the adds when they spawn as they really do a substantial amount of dmg to dps and healers making healing difficult in this encounter.

AshlaBoga
09.20.2012 , 08:34 AM | #4
He's not overpowered, trust me.

The thing is that most of the mobs in this game are UNDERpowered so it makes the mobs that are tuned appropriately seem more of a challenge. Currently there is no truly challenging PvE content in this game. HM Terror on the PTS seems pretty tough, but only in 16 man , hopefully they retune it for those of us who prefer 8 mans (why should the 16 mans have all the fun).

If you think HK-47 in Story Mode is too tough then you're going to find the endgame to be a very rough ride indeed my friend.

I suspect that some people in your group were not reacting appropriately to the mechanics.
A) Don't stand under the pillar when it comes down
B) Have the tank taunt the adds while the dps hit the blue switches to make the pillar go up
C) sometimes HK-47 will BUG, the bug is that the pillar switches will not display, in which case leave the area so that the fight resets (switches should displays as the standard light blue that most interactive objects have)
D) Make sure you characters are geared - 40s in level 30 gear are really 4 level 35s
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

GalaxyStrong
09.20.2012 , 02:49 PM | #5
Hk-47 isn't really that tough himself. it's the fact that you are constantly dealing with adds and it's a FP thats heavy on heals. Your Healer and Tank really need to be on point when dealing with HK and his constant flow of adds.
Also
I've noticed that when HK goes to the center of the platform rendering himself invincible people tend to just stand there and stare at him instead of getting to the 2 corners where the adds appear so you can get the drop on them. This drive me crazy. It's like, what are you doing taking a freaking photograph of the guy, get to the F-ing corners and get ready for the adds!!!
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Raekor
09.21.2012 , 12:16 AM | #6
I thought this was going to be about the numerous amount of bugs that he has if you DPS too fast. With all of your group 4 levels higher, that may have been the problem. Did you suffer from:
- continously spawning adds instead of spawning on emotes?
- non-clickable plates, causing him to receive his buff and the central column to not raise so he could be damaged?
- him getting his buff and sniping for 75% of the fight even though the plates were clicked and the column raised back up?

There was one or two more, but I have forgotten now.

sumuser
09.21.2012 , 03:09 AM | #7
I did "The Foundry" for the first time earlier this evening at lvl 41. My other grp members were a few lvls under me. The HK-47 was a tough fight but we killed him our first try. I give kudos to our tank and healer who did a great job. The main “trick” is to make sure you have a plan for the ADDs (in my case, my mara had a droid CC so one of my roles was to immediately CC the droid to the left of the entrance while the rest of the grp converged on the second). The other thing is when that pillar comes down, have all grp members spread out and cover one of the corners so that you can quickly get the pillar to go back up.

Other than that, just make sure you know your role and that you are playing your role correctly.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

swilksy
09.21.2012 , 03:35 AM | #8
We had issues with this when were overgeared for it at 50. Something always bugs, just slow your dps a lot and its simple. Still burn the adds but go slower for everything else.

POPsi
09.21.2012 , 06:14 AM | #9
Never bugged for me, and it's not OP. There are tougher fights than this.

Atramar
09.21.2012 , 06:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
Never bugged for me, and it's not OP. There are tougher fights than this.
sometimes people don't notice bug if tank is good. ie. when he starts doing very very long cast shot that will one shot one person and person 5 meter next to it, tank taunts, and runs back. dps and healer won't even notice.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013