Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone interested in a 'solo' Guild?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Anyone interested in a 'solo' Guild?

AlixMV
09.20.2012 , 12:56 PM | #1
From an idea spawned in a thread over in the General Discussion board:

Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
I just got a thought to make a guild of such solo players who do not like to be urged and forced (and kicked) by any other guilds, but still want to experience all of the content. including Operations and Warzones.

Just a SOLO guild...
The idea came about from a lot of players (including myself) saying they enjoyed playing most of the game alone but wanted access to the social aspects Guilds can provide and a collection of likeminded individuals to possibly do Operations and Warzones without the pressures it seems (from an outsider's perspective) are put on guild members to do so.

It doesn't look like any of the people expressing an interest in a guild like that on that thread are on Jedi Covenant, as I am, so I wanted to throw the idea out there: is there interest here?

I'd be willing to organize one on the Republic and/or Imperial side, I'd just want to get additional bodies to form it.

Let me know in comments or private message if you are.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

widdleflaps
09.20.2012 , 01:05 PM | #2
I'd be up for that, i play mainly for the story but do occasionally enjoy the odd flashpoint etc.

i have a jedi sentinal , level 50 callede Daveid and a sith jugg (50) called Dougal. have 6 other alts over both sides at differing levels, 1 of each class so pretty flexible. As i said i like the stories.

If you want to set up this no pressure guild i would gladly join.

PolyJynwon
09.20.2012 , 01:14 PM | #3
what about voice and web?

Laseryder
09.20.2012 , 02:10 PM | #4
I'd be interested in such a beast myself. My play time is very sporatic, so I too find myself soloing more than I'd like.

AlixMV
09.20.2012 , 02:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by widdleflaps View Post
I'd be up for that, i play mainly for the story but do occasionally enjoy the odd flashpoint etc.

i have a jedi sentinal , level 50 callede Daveid and a sith jugg (50) called Dougal. have 6 other alts over both sides at differing levels, 1 of each class so pretty flexible. As i said i like the stories.

If you want to set up this no pressure guild i would gladly join.
Quote: Originally Posted by Laseryder View Post
I'd be interested in such a beast myself. My play time is very sporatic, so I too find myself soloing more than I'd like.
Cool. Would either of you be willing to try to coordinate if I can find two other people online at the same time interested in doing this, to get the Guilds created?

You can either PM me or send me in-game mail with when you'd likely be available. I'm actually a West Coaster (long story) but I can generally be online after 8:30pm EDT or during the EDT early afternoon on weekends.

Quote: Originally Posted by PolyJynwon View Post
what about voice and web?
I'll be upfront: this is my first MMO and I've never been part of a 'real' Guild (*), which is part of why I'm interested in doing something like this. I only know (from the peripheries) a lot of Guilds have a voice channel and web presence.

If there's enough interest in the Guild, I was considering footing the bill to get a Mumble channel set-up for Guild use. The web page, I'd either need to leave to someone else or be convinced of its need for a Guild of this kind.

(*) - Although I've never been in an MMO Guild, I'm not a complete n00b to online organizing--long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was a long time MUD player and an administrator at a few of them.

DWinner
09.20.2012 , 03:23 PM | #6
If you want to join a guild compatiable with friendly, no pressure play, consider the Hawks. We started as a very laid back leveling guild and have expanded to running 2 operations/ weekend and are active in PVP. Real life always comes first for us and we are family friendly. We are up to about 200 toons and generally have 10-20 players online.

If you are interested, contact Escalon, Iolar, Armacron, Battlemonger, or Biqua. We are usually on most evenings (EDT).

http://hawks-swtor.enjin.com/

Aro_Hunter
09.20.2012 , 03:59 PM | #7
Consider us as well..we are the Noblesse Oblige. We are a casual Guild, and when we say casual..it doesn't just mean we play whenever we have time..it means that there are no pressure on Guild activities what so ever. We built this Guild to help each other out on story progress, leveling, and end-game content. We DO hold out weekly Events that members of the Guild can come and join...but it's there so we can have fun, it's not a must.

We're a laid back Guild...we're not going to boot you off the Guild because you left in the middle of a Flashpoint run. Our Guild consists of mature individuals and understand that life comes first. We are here to squeeze out everything that the game has to offer. We have members doing their own thing while they progress through their story and level to 50...then other members get together to do dailies, Hard Mode Flashpoints, and Operations.

The only pressure we give you is trying to get everyone on at the same time so we can have a Guild picture lol...hope that's ok with you?

Website and Voice Server are provided

Look for Nicodagreat or Teivioko in-game if you're interested.
Nicodagreat Jedi Shadow
"One must act in a fashion that conforms to one's position, and with the reputation that one has earned"

AlixMV
09.20.2012 , 04:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DWinner View Post
If you want to join a guild compatiable with friendly, no pressure play, consider the Hawks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aro_Hunter View Post
Consider us as well..we are the Noblesse Oblige.
Those both may be viable options to some people, but since it's not clear from the posts, they're both Republic Guilds.

Anyone know of a similar type of Imperial Guild out there already? Because I'm still game to create one, if not.

PolyJynwon
09.20.2012 , 04:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
I'll be upfront: this is my first MMO and I've never been part of a 'real' Guild (*), which is part of why I'm interested in doing something like this. I only know (from the peripheries) a lot of Guilds have a voice channel and web presence.

If there's enough interest in the Guild, I was considering footing the bill to get a Mumble channel set-up for Guild use. The web page, I'd either need to leave to someone else or be convinced of its need for a Guild of this kind.
Cool, if you reach out to me ingame, I'd be happy to answer any questions around web/vent/guild stuff/etc. I'm also cool if you'd like to borrow the vent server we have and I'll be more than willing to lend you out some FTP space for your own website if you need. No charge, just willing to help you get it off the ground if you'd like.

PM me sometime and we can see if it's a fit!

AlixMV
09.20.2012 , 04:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PolyJynwon View Post
Cool, if you reach out to me ingame, I'd be happy to answer any questions around web/vent/guild stuff/etc. I'm also cool if you'd like to borrow the vent server we have and I'll be more than willing to lend you out some FTP space for your own website if you need. No charge, just willing to help you get it off the ground if you'd like.

PM me sometime and we can see if it's a fit!
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, depending on what the outcome is to this weather balloon...