Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Criteria Explanation Please

Navorski
09.19.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1
Could you please explain the criteria involved in deciding which character has to change their name. I don't quite understand why I have to change the name on one of my characters that has established my name already in the community. Sure that character (Nav) is only level 23 but I have 5 other 50s, Legacy 50 and that character was formed long before server transfers were even an option. So I'm very confused as to what criteria could possibly have been used to force me to change.

I think that giving a better explanation on how you choose would greatly benefit the community because the previous server transfers gave destination server names priority. And to be honest that should be the biggest determination due to reputations in the community have already been made. Being on a destination server, not having to move and keeping your name was kind of like a lottery win. Nothing more nothing less.

So please, for the sake of the community, explain your criteria. Thank you.
Navik - DPS Commando
Navila - Healer Smuggler

Dacce
09.19.2012 , 08:38 PM | #2
the criteria is random. There was no rhyme or reason to their approach. So no one could complain about favouritism, they made it completely random who got to keep their names and who didn't.

Rankyn
09.19.2012 , 09:15 PM | #3
The explanation can be found in the Dev Tracker.

Navorski
09.20.2012 , 06:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
The explanation can be found in the Dev Tracker.
Actually, they just say two major things that were taken into account. So what are the other criteria? What's the formula that was used? What weight was put to each criteria? I'm not asking for proprietary secrets, just a full explanation on a subject that is near and dear to each of us... our character's names.
Navik - DPS Commando
Navila - Healer Smuggler

LankyBill
09.20.2012 , 07:26 AM | #5
The problem here is we will probalby never get an explanation like we want so badly. If anyone has looked at every other thread about this issue you'll notice that every single BW response has been a very vague form letter response that does nothing more than frustrate evryone even more. I hate to say it, but it looks like BW/EA doesn't really give a crap about anyone that is playing this game right now. That has been made quite clear by the way this whole thing has gone down and in the few responses that they have posted that are blowing everyone off. I used to be such an avid supporter of this game too.... it's sad when the company doesn't care about it's customer base anymore, IF they ever really did in the first place.

Blitz-wing
09.20.2012 , 08:06 AM | #6
My money is on a 1st in bases on the reload but the characters were loaded randomly. Doubt they even knew that it happened. After all they missed that the Oceanic servers did not get the extra character slots. How much attention they were paying the process is anyones guess.

PhantomJaWa
09.20.2012 , 08:34 AM | #7
The criteria actually is a pile of... There is no criteria... People have had characters moved twice when we already moved them. We have to rename them again.

Basically EA/Biowares opinion on it all is this is how it is if you do not like it than f... off elsewhere.. No problem when the sub runs out I will be.

Vonric
09.20.2012 , 08:57 AM | #8
lol does it make me a hater that the first thing i though when i read the thread title was This...
"You can run all your life,But not go anywhere." - Mike Ness

mikebevo
09.20.2012 , 09:00 AM | #9
They already said one of criteria was time played and people came unglued about that. I fail to see why anyone would bother posting the entire criteria when people are going to whine no matter what they say.

I am sorry people lost their name (sorry I lost one of my names 1 out of 5 this time, 3 out of 4 the first time), but the person that still has the name wanted that name too. Time played seemed like an important and fair criteria to me. At least that way we have more of a chance to keep our mains name. I donít mind giving up an alts name to someone elseís main, but it would hurt to give up my mainís name.

At least this time it seems to have been done more fairly than the first time. No one I know lost their level 50, level 50 legacy toonís name to a level 1 that hasnít logged in for 6 months. Which did happen last time.