Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tired of people not spacebarring

Onlyxwishes
09.20.2012 , 06:10 AM | #1
Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.
"Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain weight. Through weight, I gain obesity. Through obesity, I gain diabetes. Through diabetes, my life is broken. The insulin shall set me free." - Diabetes Code

Surakis
09.20.2012 , 06:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Onlyxwishes View Post
Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.
You shouldn't start of with "not to complain" to simply go off and complain.

In any case, why should someone skip content they'd rather not skip just because you want to skip it?
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." --Kira

SamuelAU
09.20.2012 , 06:13 AM | #3
Please climb down from your pedestal so we can discuss this on the same level.

Shiftyy
09.20.2012 , 06:17 AM | #4
It drives me crazy as well but if someone wants to watch the cut scenes then so be it. I am fine with that. They are paying to play as much as we are so if you think about it they are helping you to get your moneys worth.
50 Guardian 55 Commando
55 Assasin 50 Marauder

Prophecy of the Five

Kyneris
09.20.2012 , 06:23 AM | #5
The dude is trolling, let it go.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Wraiven
09.20.2012 , 06:29 AM | #6
I just had to quit a team in an Esseles run last night because this guy (with this same mentality as the OP) refused to slow down long enough for others to get off the Elevators. It was not an issue with me, but I noticed the rest of the team getting stuck on the previous levels because this guy would not stop leaping in to battle before the rest of the team could use the elevators to join the rest of the party.

I politely asked him, "Can we please wait for the others to use the elevators before attacking the mobs?

His response, "They should keep up"

Instant ignored and quit the team with an apology to the others.

People's lack of patience makes them the true annoying party members. Not the one's who would like to watch the story.

I myself spacebar through the story, but if somebody wants to watch it, then so be it, I kick back and watch it too.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

ImperialSun
09.20.2012 , 06:30 AM | #7
Whilst it can be a tad frustrating if I dont have much game time, I would never expect or demand people to skip if they have for example never done that FP or even if they have done it but just want to watch it. Its their game time as much as mine.

Players should just make it clear before running the FP whether they want to watch or skip, that way everyones expectations are set correctly and players have the option to leave the group if they really dont want to watch all the cut scenes.

Driz

BhubbaFetish
09.20.2012 , 06:38 AM | #8
many times its not a person not hitting the space bar,if everyone has the green "accepted" check mark, and it still says waiting on player, someone has a sub par computer, or their isp is having problems, and no amount of people telling everyone that the space bar is their friend is going to make any difference what so ever. so either get some patience, or suffer,those appear to be your only options at the moment

Ifrica
09.20.2012 , 06:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I just had to quit a team in an Esseles run last night because this guy (with this same mentality as the OP) refused to slow down long enough for others to get off the Elevators. It was not an issue with me, but I noticed the rest of the team getting stuck on the previous levels because this guy would not stop leaping in to battle before the rest of the team could use the elevators to join the rest of the party.

I politely asked him, "Can we please wait for the others to use the elevators before attacking the mobs?

His response, "They should keep up"

Instant ignored and quit the team with an apology to the others.

People's lack of patience makes them the true annoying party members. Not the one's who would like to watch the story.

I myself spacebar through the story, but if somebody wants to watch it, then so be it, I kick back and watch it too.
Was in a similar situation when i was healing in a FP a couple days ago, the guy wouldn't listen either and kept on going, i just let him die a couple times, he learned his lesson
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Izumichi
09.20.2012 , 06:51 AM | #10
Personally I'm ok with everyone that wants to watch the dialogue options even if I saw it hundreds of times by now. I usually skip only if I win the rolls and what npc's say, If others win the roll I tend to listen to other class dialogues that might be different from what my class would say and to judge their moral decisions cause even when I spacebar i got my preffered answers not only 1, 1, 1, ds gain. Tho it saddens me deeply when I see a goodie wins a roll, but oh well nobody's perfect
<THIS IS PLACE FOR YOUR ADVERTISMENT>