Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Firebrand and Stormcaller, A question.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Tanking Firebrand and Stormcaller, A question.

Apollone
09.01.2012 , 07:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
In my guild, we have the tank stand still (or move back a smidge) and have the DPs run in and eat double destruction instead of having the tank move.
We decided to make the tank do the running because we tried to squeeze as much dps as we can since we couldn't beat the enrage timer at first. Now that players have enough dps to pull aggro we can certainly try switching the roles.

Exiled-Phoenix
09.02.2012 , 01:59 AM | #12
My guild usually has
A) a assassin dps taunt after DD is called out to catch the incinerate.
B) Both a jugger and assassin tank have been able to just pop their defensive cooldowns and get healed through the incinerate.
I use to be a Deception Assassin, then I took a Dev comment to the face!
Now i'm a Mercenary healer.......

monstertron
09.02.2012 , 04:22 AM | #13
The thing is not of these things is necesary. At semi Black Hole/Campaign gear, rest rakata, your tanks should be able to eat that easily. Assa tank is perfect for that since he relies on armor the least. Your assa tank if he times his defensive Cds should easily survive during incinerate armor.

Same thing Jugg can do. Saber Ward (I personaly wait for 1,5 sec to activate it after Inc Armor since Firebrand doesn't dmg you immediately) and Invincible on the second time, then saber ward again should be up. I also insure myself with Endure pain so I have enough HP to surive the hit.

Don't know about Powertech since we have not try it and he tanks stormcaller all the time but I guess it would be manageable too.

Chaqen
09.02.2012 , 04:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by monstertron View Post
Don't know about Powertech since we have not try it and he tanks stormcaller all the time but I guess it would be manageable too.
PTs have crap for CD's so doubt they be able to do it. They have a heal cd, and a 25% (may be 20%) damage reduction CD.

Grisik
09.02.2012 , 04:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
PTs have crap for CD's so doubt they be able to do it. They have a heal cd, and a 25% (may be 20%) damage reduction CD.
Well as a PT tank I just spill some oil and move on.

Wonkadude
09.19.2012 , 05:36 PM | #16
I'm a PT tank, done SM EC 2x in PUGS! and did storm caller both times. What I do is tank him turret front, and when ever DD(?) channels i run behind the DPS and they take debuff. no idea what happens on FB, but i assume it is simmilar

Mordeguy
09.19.2012 , 05:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Apollone View Post
I use the same tactic as OP does. However, yesterday was the first time I lost threat to dps which led to a wipe. Being a Stormcaller tank I have to move toward the dps during the DD, then get back in range to Firebrand to taunt him and only then switch back to Stormcaller. I've done it without a problem for 3-4 weeks but as more people get Campaign gear I find it harder and harder to keep the threat up and move while the dps just stands there and unloads on the boss. Anyone got any tips? The only solution I could come up with is aoe taunting during DD.
Use your aoe taunt as a threat buffer making sure taunt is applicable. He is immune to taunts during DD so use it right after. Also if your dps is good enough in HM you should only see 1 DD per shield phase so only one incinerate. Single taunt stormcaller before the shield phase for some extra threat as you wont need it for a 2nd incinerate. Coordinate with your other tank to taunt your boss (you will taunt him back immediately after) if threat is still an issue.