Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Athiss is broken?

Missandei
09.18.2012 , 12:23 AM | #1
There is a lot of items in the Athiss all over the area that glow blue as «clickable quest items» but they are not clickable..
Like elevator controls at the start and then some little plants..
Is there some way to «unlock» them from current disabled state?
Or what the purpose of them?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

PaniMauser
09.18.2012 , 01:29 PM | #2
No, it's not broken. Those objects are activated with certain gathering skills. Some give shortcuts, some give additional help. IIRC, the elevator in very beginning is activated with slicing and it allows to skip some trash-packs, something is activated with archeology. Bio can gather pheromones and attract a helpful pup.

HiltoftheDragon
09.18.2012 , 01:33 PM | #3
There are FP's that have objects like these in them so that folks with different profesions can interact with them and make a portion of the fp a bit easier.

In the case of the athiss ones...the plants are probably something to do with biochem, the elevators can be activated by a slicer. There are also some objects inside the cave that a person with archeology can use as well. Somebody please correct me if im wrong though.

EDIT: oops somebody beat me to it :P
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

Blighboy
09.18.2012 , 07:00 PM | #4
This confused me for a while too. It would have been nice if the game gave some sort of explanation for them, like a tooltip that says "requires slicing" (or whatever).
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

Dacce
09.18.2012 , 07:55 PM | #5
all those items do. Like the doors say "100 Archaeology required" etc.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Kitru
09.18.2012 , 08:47 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
all those items do. Like the doors say "100 Archaeology required" etc.
They used to, but, as of recently, those warnings have been removed. I'm not sure why, and it might be an unintended change, but it *is* quite annoying when you're trying to determine whether you've got the professions in group for it. If you can use them, they show up as gathering nodes on your minimap.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Capt_Beers
09.19.2012 , 11:27 AM | #7
There's a door in the underground part of Athiss that can be opened with Archaeology that skips some of the FP.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

Mayeh
09.19.2012 , 11:35 AM | #8
I wonder.... in another flashpoint (Red Reaper) the points that allow you to by pass some stuff right near the end show up as gathering points for my archeologist on the mini map. Might be the same, if you have the right skill it will show the item as a gathering point (little asterisk) on the mini map.