Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 4001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
09.19.2012 , 08:06 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Veraque,

Please note that error 4001 which is in your client logs frequently could be caused by your firewall. Please remove and re-add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to the list of exceptions of your firewall, disable any traffic management programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router. Be aware that we do not recommend turning off your firewall or your internet security completely.
If you are not sure how to set up exceptions for your firewall or internet security software please refer to following pages when using the Windows built-in firewall:

Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP

(Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content of other websites.)

When you are using third party software or Internet security software with built-in firewall please refer to the manual you have received with your software package. If you don't have a manual please visit the website of your software developer. Also make sure you have only one firewall working at the same time. Never use a firewall delivered with your internet security software package together with your windows firewall - turn one of them off. Don't use a proxy - it may interfere with the communication between your client and our servers. When you are on a public network like on the campus of a university or a hotel you have to contact the network administrator because they may block some ports used for server communication. We also recommend that you turn off any software you are not using as long as you play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Please also note running a repair from the launcher may also resolve this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

tbkarchangel
10.26.2012 , 10:22 PM | #12
i also get this but it doesnt even let me play the game i just start at the sever screen and no severs pop up or anything
revan is the best

Beesodd
10.26.2012 , 10:39 PM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi tbkarchangel,

if the steps above don't help(especially be sure to check your firewall exceptions), please try setting the game and launcher to both run in Windows XP Compatibility mode. Sometimes if one is set and the other isn't, this can lead to this problem.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Astrojam
10.27.2012 , 03:45 AM | #14
been getting same type errors since 1.5 went live on the PTS I've also tried most of the steps going to try the compatibility now.
edit. still persists though this time it was 9000 on bastion and jedi instead of the 4001. it basicaly just stoped responding and fps took drop to 0.3 before the kicking me to server lists

Markag
11.19.2012 , 11:05 AM | #15
I have followed all the advice found here, to remedy the 4001 issue.
As I am playing, I suddenly get pushed back into the server select screen with the error message 4001. when I hit ok, it turns off the game. This has happened to me 6 times today, sometimes twice to three times within the hour.
I was suffering from the same issue back in february/march. I recently re-activated my account, and everything was fine, up until 2 days ago, when this started to happen again. Today it has been really bad, and my frustration is building.
Please, any further help on this issue would be great!

I run Windows 7 Home premium, 64-bit.
Installed RAM: 8GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40 GHz

calendil
04.28.2013 , 12:34 PM | #16
Hello, I am getting this error approximately 2-3 times per hour..
I've tried everything u said above, also disabled my entire firewall.. still I fall to server selection window and get error 4001, then the client crushes and I find myself on the desktop..
it annoys me a lot especialy I am just here for pvp... I get so much frustrated on crushing in WZs

calendil
05.02.2013 , 12:54 AM | #17
Reminder.

GRPatching
05.04.2013 , 04:56 AM | #18
And once again I have been experiencing the same problems with both codes 4001 and 9000. I checked both Mcafee and Windows Firewalls and they are set up correctly. Thing is for me on certain days I dont have a problem and other days it could happen 3 - 4 - 5 times a day (like today so far). Could it possibly be my Broadband provider, there has been issues with them keep changing the service to cope with demand in the past.

Nizzemancer
06.23.2013 , 08:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Markag View Post
I have followed all the advice found here, to remedy the 4001 issue.
As I am playing, I suddenly get pushed back into the server select screen with the error message 4001. when I hit ok, it turns off the game. This has happened to me 6 times today, sometimes twice to three times within the hour.
I was suffering from the same issue back in february/march. I recently re-activated my account, and everything was fine, up until 2 days ago, when this started to happen again. Today it has been really bad, and my frustration is building.
Please, any further help on this issue would be great!

I run Windows 7 Home premium, 64-bit.
Installed RAM: 8GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40 GHz
To circumvent the game shutting down when hitting the X: Press the "More info" link, it will open up the ticket window and a fresh ticket form, close those and you can just pick your server from the selection again but you may get the same message again when you've loaded the character screen so you'll have to open the ticket window again and then close it to then select your character.

I'm also experiencing this error a lot lately, today I've had it happen 4-5 times with some times as little as 1 minute apart (minus initial loading screens etc.). I don't even have a firewall turned on and my connection didn't drop once. This is obviously a problem on Bioware/EA's end.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

Redheartwolf
12.08.2013 , 10:14 PM | #20
I continue to get this error as well. I am in the IT field so please try not to tell me its my computer as it is not. I have a top of the line computer and cable internet. If it was a few people then I would be almost able to believe you that it is their computer but it isn't just a few.

Please look at the server logs and the game bug reports and fix this issue. We pay money to play not to be disconnected and die.
---------The Past-------
SWG Pre-pub 9 Jedi
-------The Future----
Christian Redheartwolf - Jedi Consular