Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LiveStream Event #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
09.18.2012 , 03:31 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce a new monthly LiveStream Q&A Event. The objective of this new LiveStream event series is to answer any questions our Community has concerning the content within each Game Update. If you’d like to participate in this LiveStream Q&A Event, you can ask questions beforehand on our forums or live on the LiveStream through Livestream chat, Twitter (#SWTOR), and Facebook.

Read More

Feel free to post your questions for the Q&A below!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Master-Nala
09.18.2012 , 04:04 PM | #2
Why not just answer the questions when we ask them? This seems like a rehash of the weekly Q&A, just via new medium.

EDIT:

My question is: Why only one new raid? Will we ever seen content downscaled to groups/solo?

iamthehoyden
09.18.2012 , 04:05 PM | #3
How will this be different from the defunct Q&A blog?

Edit: Other than the fact that it's "live!" It sounds like you'll have the questions picked out before hand anyway.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Andrew_Past
09.18.2012 , 04:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Why not just answer the questions when we ask them? This seems like a rehash of the weekly Q&A, just via new medium.
If done properly, this could be a new way for the developers to have more an interactive conversation with players on key issues. Of course, it could backfire if the developers just cherry pick "safe" questions. I'm hoping that this will be an indication of a better, more open development process.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

DarthBuckets
09.18.2012 , 04:09 PM | #5
It seems that defensive stats are largely ineffective in PvP due to them only applying to Basic attacks (and not Tech/Force), leading many PvP tanks to forego tanking gear completely. How does the development team feel about the current state of tanking spec/gear in PvP, and are there plans to improve it in the future?

Salantross
09.18.2012 , 04:10 PM | #6
I think it's a great idea. It's interactive and it gets people talking with immediate feedback. Things are obviously in motion to improve communication, and I feel the overall game as well. Showing negativity towards aspects of the game, and then being negative towards attempts to improve things really doesn't help.

Maybe wait and see how it goes first? I'm excited to see what comes of it.

TheBBP
09.18.2012 , 04:10 PM | #7
How is the mentoring feature and guild ships coming along?
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

KurganNazzir
09.18.2012 , 04:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Why not just answer the questions when we ask them?
Because that would be too easy. Also, I'm sure some of the answers would get lost considering all of the questions that are asked. They could post a weekly/bi-weekly Q&A and have it all linked to in a single thread for easy findings....oh wait, they did that and then stopped. They also didn't keep up the podcast thing (I hate podcasts but I would read the 'transcript'). I get the feeling this won't last long either (also not something I'm interested in but I'm sure others are).

Please, BioWare, post the questions and answers somewhere on the forums for us to read at our own leisure like you did for the podcasts transcripts, for those of us who don't like livestreams/podcasts.

I guess I'll ask a question to make my post more relevant to the thread. When will we get to continue our class stories?
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Forgon
09.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #9
Is there any particular reason the hood toggle option mentioned to be "in the works" months ago (and said to be in the next update after 1.2) has not been implemented yet?
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Sutaka
09.18.2012 , 04:15 PM | #10
It appears the new Warzone Ancient Hypergates won't appear in 1.4, so I ask when can we expect to see it?
Quote:
"We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe."
Keep dreaming Georg, keep dreaming.