Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No extra Character Slots for Oceanic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No extra Character Slots for Oceanic
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bocek
09.18.2012 , 03:34 PM | #1
What the hell you trying to play at Bioware. Not only are we getting screwed on server populations we didn't even get the extra character slots. You have got to be kidding me.

Why did you even bring our servers down?
Arali - Sorcerer Chalka - Powertech
Bocek - Juggernaut
<Mecrosa Order> - Sith Empire - Dalborra

Shinigami_Josh
09.18.2012 , 03:36 PM | #2
this ^

Cheezfriend
09.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
What the hell you trying to play at Bioware. Not only are we getting screwed on server populations we didn't even get the extra character slots. You have got to be kidding me.

Wow I can't believe this... Actually I can!

Surely they have some master plan for our APAC servers... Why on earth don't they tell us! No wonder people are rerolling off our servers or just quitting.

iamthehoyden
09.18.2012 , 03:44 PM | #4
Wow, that's one heck of an oversight.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Talimar
09.18.2012 , 03:45 PM | #5
Just saw this. I'm voting with my wallet. Nice job Bioware. I'll wait and see if you bother fixing this..
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Knockerz
09.18.2012 , 03:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bocek View Post

That's beyond funny. Not only did they forget to update the oceanic servers, but they also brought the servers down for no reason. At the rate BW is losing rep and subscriptions by the time f2p hits there will be well below the 500k subscriptions and in the red. They are shooting themselves in the foot and f2p hasn't even hit live.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

JovethGonzalez
09.18.2012 , 04:05 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks! Thanks for raising awareness for this! Rest assured that Oceanic servers will be getting 12 character slots as well. Apologies for the confusion and the wait as we work on making this adjustment. Thank you for your patience!

scullzomben
09.18.2012 , 04:10 PM | #8
Any news on consolidating our servers while you are here? Our populations are pathetic across three servers, but would be a semi-decent One server population

Reble-Dog-Squad
09.18.2012 , 04:15 PM | #9
Trouble is that our servers are not based on one locations e.g Australia, the servers are made up of the Asia Pacific region from Japan to Tasmania all with different time zones which mean that there is not "peak time" and so when life's demands interfere with game time server population falls.

Personally, i don't see how a server merge in our region is going to increase our pop by much, maybe (fingers crossed) that F2P will bring in the crowds
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

scullzomben
09.18.2012 , 04:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
Trouble is that our servers are not based on one locations e.g Australia, the servers are made up of the Asia Pacific region from Japan to Tasmania all with different time zones which mean that there is not "peak time" and so when life's demands interfere with game time server population falls.

Personally, i don't see how a server merge in our region is going to increase our pop by much, maybe (fingers crossed) that F2P will bring in the crowds
I am online from 4pm through to about 1am. I generally see every time that would be considered "peak" time.

Yes, a server merge is needed. We can not wait till F2P for the extra 15 or 20 players it will bring.