Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please consolidate APAC servers

Digimanbyte_ID
09.17.2012 , 08:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Not really any of my business since I play on NA servers, but wouldn't you guys rather be consolidated back on to NA or EU servers?

I understand that for the Aussies, the ping is much better, but not all Asia locations benefit from lower ping, and it seems if they consolidate you down to one server, then what? Nowhere to go from there.
Not really an option, the only real reason to transfer is because of the population that BW can clearly fix. Our only hope now is for F2play to bring in the customers, if not then BW will be forced to X-server us with the US servers with similar time schedules to us.

scullzomben
09.17.2012 , 08:49 PM | #12
Server consolidation is needed.

As a previous poster said there is NO, I repeat NO, world PvP on Master Dar Nala. I have leveled 8 characters to 50, do you want to know how many times I engaged in Open World PvP? 3 times. Twice on Belsavis, and once in the Voss Temple.

These servers need to be merged in to one. RP'ers can RP in their own chat. PVE'rs can PvE all they want. PvP'ers will still just sit on the fleet and wait for WZ's to pop.

Ailie
09.17.2012 , 09:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
RP'ers can RP in their own chat.
Not sure you get what RPing actually entails... our own chat is group chat, it's general chat, it's say, it's all chats.

So I guess that means you're happy for people to run Ops and FPs with you in character?

Karasuko
09.17.2012 , 09:31 PM | #14

As a previous poster said there is NO, I repeat NO, world PvP on Master Dar Nala. I have leveled 8 characters to 50, do you want to know how many times I engaged in Open World PvP? 3 times. Twice on Belsavis, and once in the Voss Temple.

These servers need to be merged in to one. RP'ers can RP in their own chat. PVE'rs can PvE all they want. PvP'ers will still just sit on the fleet and wait for WZ's to pop.
Really? i've always had a scrap or two along the way to 80. Most of it seems to happen ontatooine,voss and alittle on belsavis.

That being said i will miss the world pvp when it happens, then again maybe i won't.

Palar
09.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #15

I think that's got a lot more to do with the heavy phasing separation on most worlds.

randalthorr
09.18.2012 , 02:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by XyonicS View Post
What? We only have 3 servers and they are for different gamer types.

I say keep hardcore PvPers off the PvE servers, we don't need more "I have a huge epeen" players that force PvP on PvE players on the PvE servers.

PvE and PvP should never mix in any way what so ever in any MMORPG!
I wish there were mergers simply so I can hop into a wz and break your face to fix your prejudice.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

Selvec
09.18.2012 , 02:42 PM | #17
If they merge the RP server they need to give the option to move to one of the US Rp servers. I suggest Ebon Hawk on the west side of the US. Simply because with the new network tunnel being forged through NZ to Amercia on the western side under the oceans, it might actually help.

Scorpienne
09.18.2012 , 02:57 PM | #18
TL;DR = Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala is lower population and should be merged with some other PvP server.

This is how the pop of the three APAC servers compares to the average server of their types, and versus SWTOR overall. These numbers represent the portion of players left compared to 6/27/2012. So for instance SWTOR overall has about 20% less logins than a couple months ago. Master Dar'Nala is only about 58% of what it was a couple of months ago - it's lost about 42% of it's population. (Link to how I got these numbers HERE.)

% of 6/27 population
All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%
Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%
Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%
Master Dar'Nala 58%

Dalborra is actually doing a tiny bit *better* than other PvE servers. Gav Daragon is doing a bit worse than other RP-PvE servers, because it's "only" at 92% of it's post transfer load, but that' means it's doing great!

Master Dar'Nala has lost a lot of people... more than even other PvP servers.

Paige

Bocek
09.18.2012 , 03:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpienne View Post
TL;DR = Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala is lower population and should be merged with some other PvP server.

This is how the pop of the three APAC servers compares to the average server of their types, and versus SWTOR overall. These numbers represent the portion of players left compared to 6/27/2012. So for instance SWTOR overall has about 20% less logins than a couple months ago. Master Dar'Nala is only about 58% of what it was a couple of months ago - it's lost about 42% of it's population. (Link to how I got these numbers HERE.)

% of 6/27 population
All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%
Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%
Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%
Master Dar'Nala 58%

Dalborra is actually doing a tiny bit *better* than other PvE servers. Gav Daragon is doing a bit worse than other RP-PvE servers, because it's "only" at 92% of it's post transfer load, but that' means it's doing great!

Master Dar'Nala has lost a lot of people... more than even other PvP servers.

Paige
You don't play on our servers so I don't really appreciate you telling me they are fine. And now after the further mergers the gap between our servers and other PvE servers will be huge.

I don't really understand what you numbers even mean anyway, but a servers population is not fine if:

- In prime time WZ q's are 30mins at level 50
- In prime time random HM FPs q's are 30mins or more for even for tanks and heals
- Just out prime time or towards the end HM FPs are reaching over an hour in length
- The recruitment base for guilds is so low it takes weeks to recruit 1 ops spot.

BW need to get the head out of the sand.
Arali - Sorcerer Chalka - Powertech
Bocek - Juggernaut
<Mecrosa Order> - Sith Empire - Dalborra

Kalolo
09.18.2012 , 04:01 PM | #20
Well, well, well. merge oceanic servers, cause you know you want to play with more people than the 15th you meet each time.
You wanna RP on general channel: good, do so, if i'm tired of reading you, disable general chat and bam.
You wanna gank me while i'm leveling: good, do so, if i'm tired of being ganked, i call the cavalery to help.
But FFS, let us have a healthy population plz. Or, if BW is too lazy to implement this, just close the apac servers, force us to xfer to US/EU ones, and see what happens. I'm not a fortune-teller, but i'm pretty sure most apac players will quit your game.
Before Swtor launched i was
Then i tried the game and i was
I waited for fixes and i was and , sometimes going
Now i understand why people call you BIOFAIL and i'm