Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

worst customer service when it comes to meaningful response

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
worst customer service when it comes to meaningful response
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oredith
09.18.2012 , 02:05 PM | #1
the forced renaming problem has been met with a string of copy / paste responses linking people to the server consolidation FAQ, except it doesn't actually give any details about how the decisions were made, much less how people were to prepare for it.

the response you guys are giving completely fails to address the actual concern.

very interesting approach to public relation, for a game that is in decline. I will eagerly await to see how this impacts the subscription count.

I'll be on my way to cancel my sub now.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

oredith
09.18.2012 , 02:12 PM | #2
i was having a hard time figuring out how i was gonna juggle BL2 and my tanking responsibilities with the guild, but i guess Bioware has decided to make that decision for me.

http://www.ikonique.com/Images/cancelled.jpg

2 days..
(╯□)╯┻━┻
Tankie

Sutii
09.18.2012 , 02:19 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello oredith,

As said in other threads on this topic, we really do appreciate how frustrating being flagged for a rename can be, please rest assured however that the same process was universally applied in all instances where a conflict occurred. While we are unable to share specific details concerning the process at this time, I would however recommend you check out the post I have quoted below from Joveth Gonzalez.

Thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
When naming conflicts occur due to the consolidation, players are given priority based on a variety of factors such as character play time and if they have already had to rename their characters as part of the first character transfer program back in June. Please do keep in mind that this does not encompass all of the factors taken into consideration, but those are an example of the major ones.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Jeniceide
09.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello oredith,

As said in other threads on this topic, we really do appreciate how frustrating being flagged for a rename can be, please rest assured however that the same process was universally applied in all instances where a conflict occurred. While we are unable to share specific details concerning the process at this time, I would however recommend you check out the post I have quoted below from Joveth Gonzalez.

Thanks.
Thank you for clarifying with the quote. Now I understand. It doesn't fizzle my anger any, but I understand now.

oredith
09.18.2012 , 02:28 PM | #5
so, because we made our toon 1st day early access on a destination server (thus never having had to change our name before), we should be penalized for it?
(╯□)╯┻━┻
Tankie