Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8-hour maintenance for server consolidation but...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
8-hour maintenance for server consolidation but...

TheAlopex
09.17.2012 , 08:56 PM | #1
... nothing is being done to the Asia-Pacific servers, so why do they need that massive downtime for the entirety of prime time?

Honestly, if the AUS servers came back up before the NA and EU servers, and the NA and EU people "flooded" ours for the evening, it would be a BLESSING with our current server pops. Not to mention that I highly doubt those players will just casually decide to start an alt on a massive ping server during their downtime...

We're getting nothing out of this high-pop tech transition, so at least let us play while we're being ignored...

scullzomben
09.17.2012 , 08:59 PM | #2
It is just going to fall on deaf ears. Bioware do not care about Oceanic players. They gave us servers to get more cash from sales, and thats it.

HelinCarnate
09.17.2012 , 08:59 PM | #3
Because that is how the game is coded. Get over it.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Liquidacid
09.17.2012 , 09:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
It is just going to fall on deaf ears. Bioware do not care about Oceanic players. They gave us servers to get more cash from sales, and thats it.
they gave you servers because people from there cried, screamed, begged and threw tantrums asking for and demanding them
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

OGsam
09.17.2012 , 09:02 PM | #5
This bothers me also, our server population is already the lowest world wide which is bad enough, but the major down times 2-3 times a week during prime time aren't exactly helping. Please do something BW :x
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Liquidacid
09.17.2012 , 09:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
This bothers me also, our server population is already the lowest world wide which is bad enough, but the major down times 2-3 times a week during prime time aren't exactly helping. Please do something BW :x
2-3 times a week? you do know how long a week is, yes?
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Ailie
09.17.2012 , 09:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
Ummmm duh?! We are the smallest region, we're always going to have the lowest pop

Mjollnir
09.17.2012 , 10:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
they gave you servers because people from there cried, screamed, begged and threw tantrums asking for and demanding them
I think it was more the case that people complained because the game was not being launched until approximately 3 months after the rest of the world. It was only later we found out it was because they were opening servers in the Oceanic region.

MadBlue
09.17.2012 , 10:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheAlopex View Post
... nothing is being done to the Asia-Pacific servers, so why do they need that massive downtime for the entirety of prime time?

We're getting nothing out of this high-pop tech transition, so at least let us play while we're being ignored...
You're getting your servers upgraded to high-pop tech servers in preparation for F2P. That's what the downtime is for.

scullzomben
09.17.2012 , 10:19 PM | #10
Yay. Our server is going to go from 70 people on the fleet to 80.

Awesome.