Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does BioWare just not care about Guild Bank Theft?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Does BioWare just not care about Guild Bank Theft?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

finelinebob
09.17.2012 , 05:19 PM | #1
I have sent in a ticket and updated it several times to ask for action to be taken. BioWare does, after all, provide a "ledger" that shows who makes withdrawals and deposits and it is rather obvious when someone have 50 consecutive withdrawal lines in the ledger that something wrong is happening. And yet even with the tools to provide supporting evidence of theft, BioWare does NOTHING to investigate or even to freeze the offender's account while the matter can be examined.

Yes, limits can be set. But the options on those limits as well as the limit on ranks to have a variety of limits makes this option nearly worthless. Crafters need to withdraw more raw materials to craft goods for the guild. Raiders need a higher allowance for repairs if they are doing operations and dying more frequently. And what if someone fits both roles? You'd need a third rank to include that?

BioWare, you owe guilds an answer to this: what stand do you take on guild bank theft? Are you officially leaving your hands off of it and are you willing to say so, so that guild masters can take appropriate, draconian measures? Or do you intend to pursue authentic claims of theft where a character can be seen as having made no deposits then a string of dozens of withdrawals?

Are you willing to let this game degenerate to EVE Online, where corporate espionage is practically encouraged and enabled? The community deserves an answer!
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Adrius
09.17.2012 , 05:39 PM | #2
I agree. We had an incident a while back, though not quite as dramatic as the one described above, and BioWare's support ticket indicated that the offending player was well within their rights. I disagree. While it's perfectly possible to that in-game, that doesn't mean that it should be permissible, or encouraged, to do that in-game. It's outright theft. I even filed the ticket underneath "Inappropriate Behavior"; apparently this behavior is appropriate. The only way to prevent this from guild action, as outlined above, would be to impose draconian measures and regulations. And even then there is no guarantee that an incident won't occur again.

BioWare?
Nice... REAL nice. Maybe later we can find some insects to pull the legs off of, hm?

- Jolee Bindo

Proetus
09.17.2012 , 05:45 PM | #3
Unfortunately the permissions are there for a reason. If you don't let Douche Canoes into your guild you need not worry. There are many ranks you can use to set permissions. We have two tabs in our bank, General and Raiding. Officers are allowed a small 100k a week commission for the purchasing of mats for Biochem supplies to make stims/adrenals for the raid. The repair allowance is just that to repair gear, they can not directly withdrawn money. If people are stealing you have no set it up correctly.This is not a problem with the game, it's a problem with people whom you let into your guild.

I have been playing MMO's since 1999 and have never experienced this issue. It's all about who you surround yourself with. Perhaps a stricter application process is in your future instead of inviting people from general chat.

Adrius
09.17.2012 , 05:51 PM | #4
So if you're a social guild playing just for fun, you're pretty much screwed?
Nice... REAL nice. Maybe later we can find some insects to pull the legs off of, hm?

- Jolee Bindo

Proetus
09.17.2012 , 05:54 PM | #5
Where did i post that a social guild is screwed? Just because you are a social guild doesn't mean you can't have some sort of selection process to ensure you aren't letting unwanted people into the guild. You have just as many permissions available to you as a hard core raiding guild. There is no difference between the guilds other then when/what they raid.

Adrius
09.17.2012 , 05:57 PM | #6
If you're playing for recreation, your application process isn't going to include a huge background check with strict filters. We're looking to have fun, not scare away people who just want a guild to chat with. There's a bit of a conflict there.

- Jolee Bindo

Mundako
09.17.2012 , 06:13 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings finelinebob,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I can confirm that your ticket is currently escalated to the appropriate department and one of our agents will thoroughly investigate this issue and contact you again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Mundako | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Skodan
09.17.2012 , 06:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrius View Post
So if you're a social guild playing just for fun, you're pretty much screwed?
my guild is a social guild, but we have limits on our banks
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

finelinebob
09.17.2012 , 07:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mundako View Post
Greetings finelinebob,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I can confirm that your ticket is currently escalated to the appropriate department and one of our agents will thoroughly investigate this issue and contact you again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
I'm glad to hear this. I am currently logged in on the character Androh on the Prophecy of the Five server and will be waiting patiently for someone to contact me.

finelinebob
09.17.2012 , 10:18 PM | #10
Well, that's the LAST time I fall for THAT line....