Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kotor Universe

Evassa
12.15.2011 , 11:21 AM | #1
Does anyone knows how many books or comics are for Kotor games?

and which ones are for SW: ToR?

what is the last issue?

I did get my book for roleplaying for Kotor PnP, but i want to know more about the lore in this period of gaming.

thank you in advance

update.

psychogobstopper
12.19.2011 , 10:21 PM | #2
KOTOR I takes place 3956 BBY, KOTOR II takes place 3951 BBY, and TOR takes place 3643 BBY.

The comic series Knights of the Old Republic is set in the years 3964-3963 BBY.

The comic series TOR: Blood of the Empire takes place 3678 BBY. The comic series TOR: Threat of Peace takes place 3653 BBY. The comic series TOR: The Lost Suns takes place 3643 BBY.

The novel TOR: Revan takes place 3954-3950 BBY. The novel TOR: Deceived takes place 3653 BBY. The novel TOR: Fatal Alliance takes place 3643 BBY.

To put it all in chronological order:
  1. Knights of the Old Republic comic series
  2. Knights of the Old Republic I
  3. Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  4. TOR: Revan
  5. TOR: Blood of the Empire
  6. TOR: Threat of Peace
  7. TOR: Deceived
  8. TOR: The Lost Suns
  9. TOR: Fatal Alliance
  10. The Old Republic

"Threat of Peace" and "Decieved" cover some of the same time frame - namely, the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty of Coruscant. The placing of "The Lost Suns" ahead of "Fatal Alliance" is based on Satele Shan's Wookiepedia entry, as are all dates used in this post.

There was also a story arc in the 1990s comic series Tales of the Jedi entitled Knights of the Old Republic. The Tales series began around 5000 BBY and concluded in 3986 BBY. There are numerous references in the KOTOR games to characters, places, and events from this preceding series, which represents, I believe (though certainly could be mistaken), the earliest chronological works in the universe. In fact, this is the series that features the background of the Sith Empire that is present in the galaxy during the timeframe of TOR.