Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Consolidation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Telanis
09.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
I wonder when we'll hear what current destination servers are going to be consolidated and when.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fettered View Post
Is this only forcing the Free transfer options to happen or are the server break downs going to be different than those options? I.e. If I had a character on Krayt Dragon is it now going to be on Shadwolands? Or are the servers getting further consolidated?
This set of transfers is massive consolidation, according to http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list

Gungaish
09.17.2012 , 02:35 PM | #12
so from reading this is it to be assumed that some of my toons will be on X server and other toons will be on Y server???
2 men go into a Cantina, 1 Wookie comes out, you decide what happened.

Quraswren
09.17.2012 , 02:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gungaish View Post
so from reading this is it to be assumed that some of my toons will be on X server and other toons will be on Y server???
I could see that happening if the toons on one server g to "Y" and the toons on the other sever go to "Z" instead of "Y".

Some might get lucky and have 16 toons on one sever, while others might get split up depending on how the origin / destination servers are paired.

Berika
09.17.2012 , 02:39 PM | #14
Has anyone come across a list of which servers are consolidating to which?
Do unto others before they do unto you

Nastynas
09.17.2012 , 02:40 PM | #15
R.I.P. Valcyn...
R.I.P. Sith Meditation Sphere...
Long Live The Shadowlands!
Long Live Thunderhorn-US?
-the Kingslayer
-14th Prestige Black Ops

Lithy
09.17.2012 , 02:41 PM | #16
Are we getting our bonus character slots with this *up to 12*? I left some characters on my origin Server, Shadowhand, because I wanted certain character classes on ShadowLands, however I do want all my characters on Shadowlands but 8 slots prevented this, will my 50 on Shadowhand be moved to Shadowlands even though I have all 8 slots filled? If not will I have the option to move her for free when slots become available?
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

jupitorjones
09.17.2012 , 02:41 PM | #17
so being forced to move servers again and lose names ,, again, i know i know a name is just a name, make another. this really kills your personal story though
Jedi waves hand-- " you want to drop your weapon and surrender" Bounty Hunter waves hand " you are an idiot"

Ardicus
09.17.2012 , 02:41 PM | #18
I am interested to see how the guild transfers are going to hit home
"The force alone can't stop them, you still need willpower"

COOOOOKIES
09.17.2012 , 02:42 PM | #19
Sooooo, at roughly the 6 month point when most mmo's are adding killer new content, you guys are just finally fixing the server issue that you've been sitting on since february... WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is why I left. You have been so long in addressing your customers issues that I just left along with scores of others. With GW2 out and fixing problems as they come up and already working on new content and TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS... you guys are not gonna last without an attitude change toward your customers.
NEED MOAR COOOOOOOKIES!

veyl
09.17.2012 , 02:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Berika View Post
Has anyone come across a list of which servers are consolidating to which?
www.swtor.com/transfer <<< Click Matrix consolidation link