Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Consolidation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
09.17.2012 , 12:57 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone,

Earlier this summer we launched the Free Character Transfer Program which offered players the option to transfer their characters from specific origin servers to selected destination servers. Following the success of the Free Character Transfer Program, and after closely monitoring server populations, we have now taken the next step in our on-going server population balancing process. We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers will be automatically moved onto the upgraded high population destination servers. By centralizing our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nomaad
09.17.2012 , 02:22 PM | #2
zomg im first , we;ll see how this all works out.

Tatile
09.17.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
That explains the eight hours of maintenance tomorrow, I was terrified some bright spark had decided to push 1.4 for an early release.

Quinntenfelde
09.17.2012 , 02:25 PM | #4
that's great, now when do payed transfers come?

NoxIrradiata
09.17.2012 , 02:26 PM | #5
Yay for 12 character slots!
Krayt Dragon Refugee
Thalyssa: Sith Marauder Rha'Vhanna: Operative

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion...

KurganNazzir
09.17.2012 , 02:29 PM | #6
I wonder when we'll hear what current destination servers are going to be consolidated and when.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Fettered
09.17.2012 , 02:30 PM | #7
Is this only forcing the Free transfer options to happen or are the server break downs going to be different than those options? I.e. If I had a character on Krayt Dragon is it now going to be on Shadwolands? Or are the servers getting further consolidated?

Edit: I also assume this means that F2P is coming soon?

Fluffycitty
09.17.2012 , 02:31 PM | #8
What about those of us that re rolled toons on what turned out to be a destination server that our original server did not get transferred to. I have a lvl 50 republic toon on jedi covenant and my server was transferred to shadowland, When will my family be whole?

Quinntenfelde
09.17.2012 , 02:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fettered View Post
Is this only forcing the Free transfer options to happen or are the server break downs going to be different than those options? I.e. If I had a character on Krayt Dragon is it now going to be on Shadwolands? Or are the servers getting further consolidated?
^this

randalthorr
09.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #10
Anything for oceanic??

Please at least tell us.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia