Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Timezone and forums

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.17.2012 , 03:47 AM | #1
Maybe i'm wrong but i am pretty sure that the forums, until few days ago, took into consideration my timezone when showing me post times, now it seems it doesn't, now it shows me all times as i was using GMT but I'm in Italy, and in my account page (basic information) is set "GMT + 2" because of the daylight saving time (CEST).

Now in Italy the current time is 11:47 AM but, as in my lst post, I'm sure that, after i press "submit new thread", I'll see 9:47 AM as posting time.

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.17.2012 , 03:48 AM | #2
I copy and paste from the post: "Today , 09:47 AM | #1"

As supposed the time is GMT based!

Cerimon's Avatar


Cerimon
09.17.2012 , 04:14 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Savro,

Please go to the following link and set your basic account settings to reflect your current local time. The timezone setting here should match your computers time.

https://account.swtor.com/user/info

Please post again if you have any difficulty.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.17.2012 , 04:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Savro,

Please go to the following link and set your basic account settings to reflect your current local time. The timezone setting here should match your computers time.

https://account.swtor.com/user/info

Please post again if you have any difficulty.
Sorry but I am very surprised (not in a good way) by your reply. I already told you (I'm quoting myself):

Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
in my account page (basic information) is set "GMT + 2" because of the daylight saving time (CEST).
It is already set correctly since the day i registered.

Do not make me regret what i wrote 2 minutes ago:

Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
I really appreciate the effort you guys put in answering our questions in the Customer Service forum
ok?

Cerimon's Avatar


Cerimon
09.17.2012 , 04:50 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Savro,

Please excuse my oversight. If you could set your computer and SWTOR account settings to GMT+1 the correct time should show up on your post and any timezone related error messages should be eliminated.

Please let me know if this is not the case.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.17.2012 , 04:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Savro,

Please excuse my oversight. If you could set your computer and SWTOR account settings to GMT+1 the correct time should show up on your post and any timezone related error messages should be eliminated.

Please let me know if this is not the case.
It's not the case. Now i gained one hour, but one hour (probably because of the daylight saving time) is still missing. Now the forum says for your last answer that the time is 11:50 but my clock says that the time (the right one) is 12:50. That's the reason for which i switched from GMT+1 to GMT+2 when daylight saving time went official (march) and it worked ell, today i noticed the problem. I think yesterday it worked well otherwise i probably noticed it.

Cerimon's Avatar


Cerimon
09.17.2012 , 09:22 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Savro,

Okay, so the main thing is that your computer and SWTOR.com account settings should match. Please set these accordingly and also delete your browsers cache and cookies to be sure nothing causes an issue there.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.17.2012 , 09:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Savro,

Okay, so the main thing is that your computer and SWTOR.com account settings should match. Please set these accordingly and also delete your browsers cache and cookies to be sure nothing causes an issue there.

Let us know if the issue persists.
My computer has current italian time i don't want the forum to match my computer, i want it to match italian time...
BTW I don't understand your phrase "set these accordingly": my timezone is CEST (GMT +1 that, considering daylight saving time, becomes GMT+2), have i to set GMT+2 as it was before (read my first post) when the forum time was 2 hours behind or set GMT+1 as you asked me in your reply?

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.17.2012 , 09:34 AM | #9
Ok, perfect, now it works well, the strange thing is that i didn't change anything... maybe something in the forum software has being changed...? Don't know. but now i see the correct times and i hope this will continue to be this way