Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What is your preferred PvP Progression Scheme?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: What is your preferred PvP Progression Scheme?

Darth_Philar
09.17.2012 , 07:22 AM | #1
Vote your preferred PvP Progression method.

A. Random Drop/Bag - In this method, bags are acquired which will grant random gear upon opening.

B. Full Item Token - In this method, tokens are used to purchase gear that is fully modded.

C. Piecemeal Token - In this method, tokens are used to purchase mods, etc. individually.

D. Stat Normalization (No Progression) - Stats from gear are ignored, and players are given a baseline set of stats based on class/spec/etc.

Remember, this isn't a debate thread, it is a poll. Let's keep it civil!
Also, if I've missed a progession scheme above, let me know ASAP so I can add it before I get any/many votes. Please don't suggest hybrid methods that combine any of the listed methods, I'm asking for preferred method, not preferred combination of methods, Thanks!

The current polling results are:

A. - 00.00%
B. - 46.88%
C. - 40.63%
D. - 12.50%
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

Icebergy
09.17.2012 , 07:23 AM | #2
Depends where the tokens come from I guess, but between those options, B sounds best. I prefer the currency system to all of them though.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Technohic
09.17.2012 , 07:25 AM | #3
I like B, but C sounds like it might be interesting, given more details.

cycao
09.17.2012 , 08:10 AM | #4
Anything but the RNG bag system, just thinking about that system freaks me out.

Icestar
09.17.2012 , 08:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Anything but the RNG bag system, just thinking about that system freaks me out.
The bag system was bad, for most players. My first 2 bags contained mainhand and offhand weapon, my guild told me to play the lottery

I vote for :
B. Full Item Token - In this method, tokens are used to purchase gear that is fully modded.

cycao
09.17.2012 , 08:21 AM | #6
Oh forgot to voice a real opinion.

I would be down for B and C. Have the option to purchase a fully modded piece of gear or...buy an empty shell and optimize it yourself.

FourTwent
09.17.2012 , 09:11 AM | #7
I dont mind B or C. But I think people are under some illusion that individual mods will cost cheaper than the actually full gear piece itself. And if they do go to this system, and the individual mods do cost cheaper, I'm guessing it will only cost like 1/5 cheaper than the full gear piece with all mods.

Bioware knows how many people are buying X gloves(or whatever else piece of gear) to just pull out the mod or enhancement. They WANT this comm/time sink in the game for those that CHOOSE to optimize their gear.

Call me old fashion, but I love gear progression. If they change to the D system, then I'll probably stop subscribing and playing all together. It's the gear progression that keeps me hooked. I mean, PvP is fun and all, but nothing changes. There aren't tournaments, there's no WvWvW that switches servers every X weeks, it's just warzone after warzone.

Take away my grind for the next best tier of gear, and I'm gone.

UGLYMRJ
09.17.2012 , 12:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
Vote your preferred PvP Progression method.

A. Diablo 3

B. Star Wars: The Old Republic

C. Nothing I'm familiar with but this get's my vote. What game grinds like this and is it any good?

D. Guild Wars 2
This is what I read...

But I vote C. B is obviously in a close second place, but the ability to optimize as I go and not have to chase my own tail while grinding min/max would be nice.

Pyrinoos
09.17.2012 , 01:11 PM | #9
I would vote C. But keep in mind if that happens as a previous poster mentioned costs will go up. We'd probably be looking at something like 1500-2000 comms per armoring and 750-1250 comms per mod/enhancement. That would be 3000-4500 comms per main gear piece. So like buying a chest in each spot or worse, but on the positive side only having to do it once.
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

WaywardOne
09.17.2012 , 01:15 PM | #10
B or C