Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't adjust gamma

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

avino
09.17.2012 , 04:51 AM | #1
What is the work around for adjusting the gamma?

Tirvaak
09.17.2012 , 06:26 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi avino,

You should be able to adjust the gamma through the in-game graphics settings. One of the first options that appears on the graphics tab shows a gamma slide bar, is this not working for you? If not what exactly is happening when you try to change this setting?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

avino
09.17.2012 , 08:44 AM | #3
The ingame adjustment does not work .It's maxed out and you can't adjust it. The screen is dark.

Tirvaak
09.17.2012 , 08:52 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi avino,

Thanks for confirming that for me, you can also adjust the gamma through the client_settings in the settings folder found in this location:
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor

The option Gammaramp will allow you to turn up the gamma further than the bar will allow. You will possibly need to adjust this a few times to get your preferred setting.

I hope this helps.

avino
09.17.2012 , 09:49 AM | #5
Thanks ,it works fine.

Tirvaak
09.17.2012 , 09:51 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi avino,

Awesome, I'm glad that helped.

If you need anything else please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks.

Mitchel_Greaves
09.17.2012 , 11:35 AM | #7
I also find that I am unable to alter the gamma. It used to go higher than it does now.

I mainly use windowed mode.

Ratae
09.20.2012 , 12:23 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Mitchel_Graves,

As my colleague has pointed out above, you can also adjust the gamma through the client_settings in the settings folder found in this location:
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor

The option Gammaramp will allow you to turn up the gamma further than the bar will allow. You will possibly need to adjust this a few times to get your preferred setting.

I hope this helps.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support