Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting a reply back from swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Getting a reply back from swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HoboWithAStick
09.16.2012 , 06:48 PM | #1
Hello, about a month ago now I wrote an email to swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com regarding a 24 hour ban I recieved. I wrote to swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com because unpon calling biowares customer service I was informed of two account infractions that I was never informed of by email or in game live support. I was contacted the day of my ban by a live in game agent telling me I was in breach of one of the rules and regulations (swearing, Which I didn't know being that it is filtered by the prophanity filter and has to be turned off by users if they don't want it) however I did apologize to the agent but I was never informed at that point that my account was going to be locked at that point.

I felt that it was very bad customer service for not telling me that my account would be locked that day by the in game agent, I felt when I called into biowares customer support they had no interest in helping my situations or even help me understand the other infractions I had. (To this day I do not know) And upon emailing swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com I still have not had a reply.

This is very frusterating for me not knowing why I was really locked out of the game I pay and having to miss a guild event because of it.

Beruthien
09.16.2012 , 07:18 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings HoboWithAStick,

I have looked into this issue for you and it would appear that there might have been an issue with receiving your dispute email.

We would ask that you send in another email and your dispute will be investigated. When sending the email, please make sure that you send it from the email address that is linked to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Raila
09.16.2012 , 07:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
I was in breach of one of the rules and regulations (swearing....

This is very frusterating for me not knowing why I was really locked out of the game I pay and having to miss a guild event because of it.
Well I am sure none of the forum reps are going to discuss it here. Given your post, I think the 1st line I quoted is why you got a 24 hour suspension. Only other thing you can really do at this point is send another email. Reference in it that you had previously sent an email and give them the date you sent it.

On a side note it was a 24 hour ban that was over a month ago. Is it really worth all this trouble?
Quitting the game? (or anything for that matter) Check this link before making a post about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGiK-X9-0A