Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is Denova/Explosive conflict?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where is Denova/Explosive conflict?

Sentinel-Jordal
09.16.2012 , 06:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Yea, Sents have a way of stealing agro. Seem to think they are tanks or something.
We've found melee dps to be somewhat at a disadvantage in EC compared to gunslingers because you have to be in there close and personal with the bosses, and Zorn and Toth REALLY like to give melee dps a thorough beating.
If you're on Jedi Covenant, look me up. We do HM EV/KP every week for new members and alts to gear up.
We'll teach you the ropes.
Damn, I'm on The Red Eclipse would really loved to do HM EV/KP with you...
Well back to farming BH comms and HM EV/KP with my guild...
Thanks for the information about the bosses think I should study this Ops a lot before I try it.
Anyway I just must clarify I now that my sent isn't a tank, I have very painfully learned that in EV/KP and some HM FP.
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

JacksonMo
09.16.2012 , 11:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
Damn, I'm on The Red Eclipse would really loved to do HM EV/KP with you...
Well back to farming BH comms and HM EV/KP with my guild...
Thanks for the information about the bosses think I should study this Ops a lot before I try it.
Anyway I just must clarify I now that my sent isn't a tank, I have very painfully learned that in EV/KP and some HM FP.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Sents have no taunts, so if you steal agro, it's either too much dps or the tank not getting taunts off like he should. There are scruffy, newbish tanks and healers as well.
Just remember when you meet them that you were there once too, and try to be patient.
If you do a search, you should be able to find video guides of every boss fight in the game. They aren't always 100% accurate, but it will give you a good frame of reference for the real thing.

Sentinel-Jordal
09.16.2012 , 07:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Don't be too hard on yourself. Sents have no taunts, so if you steal agro, it's either too much dps or the tank not getting taunts off like he should. There are scruffy, newbish tanks and healers as well.
Just remember when you meet them that you were there once too, and try to be patient.
If you do a search, you should be able to find video guides of every boss fight in the game. They aren't always 100% accurate, but it will give you a good frame of reference for the real thing.
Thats so true. You can feel it as once if a tank/healer new to lvl 50 gameplay. If everyone did as you say and just be patient which each other and remember that we where noobs once too this game would be so much more fun (not that I have met many naughty people in game. after a lot of EV/KP and HM FP I think I just have met 2-3 naughty people ). The Yotube videos is always a good help to learn strategy in ops and HM FP without doing something stupid in game and piss a lot of people off to learn strategy
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55