Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 hours of maintenance during day in Europe and prime time in Asia????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
8 hours of maintenance during day in Europe and prime time in Asia????

MidichIorian
09.16.2012 , 02:49 PM | #11
It might be preparation for upcoming content/features but I don't think it's an actual update. Would have been cool if it was though.

kevlarto
09.16.2012 , 02:54 PM | #12
People do know that other mmo's have maintence right ? about a month ago wow had a 10 hour maintenance, they all do it from time to time.. I remember back in EQ when they had a patch ready to go, you got a warning on the screen log out in 5 minutes servers going down, they did that in prime time off time any time, when the patch was ready it went in. It is always prime time in some time zone, when you have a product that covers allot of the globe. /shrug
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Maxumus
09.16.2012 , 02:56 PM | #13
Consdiering how many weeks have skipped maintenance the past couple months plus the short down times that have occured recently I think everyone will survive 1 8 hour downtime.

Izorii
09.16.2012 , 02:59 PM | #14
Wonder if its going to be parts of 1.4 they can leave turned off till it goes live. Or maybe PTS has found that 1.4 is stable and there are no major issues so it can be rolled out. I kinda agree that its a pain on the non US servers but every time we moan about it nothing gets done so might as well stop moaning.

vojinsa
09.16.2012 , 03:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NinjaApacHe View Post
Are you practically saying again that you give a **** about player from Europe and Asia/Oceania??
pretty much so deal with it.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

MidichIorian
09.16.2012 , 03:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kevlarto View Post
about a month ago wow had a 10 hour maintenance, they all do it from time to time..
I always assumed that this had something to do with the event that followed shortly after.

Cakellene
09.16.2012 , 03:14 PM | #17
It's during my prime playtime too and I'm in Austin, TX.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

Skodan
09.16.2012 , 03:15 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NinjaApacHe View Post
I remember when they introduced the "hero engine" during winter 2008/2009, and they stated that each sever could have 100,000 concurrent players logged in, and the updates could occur live, without a server shut down.......
i remember when they said that you could get things for your legacy by acquiring a high enough level OR by buying them with credits
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

metalgearyoda
09.16.2012 , 03:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kevlarto View Post
People do know that other mmo's have maintence right ? about a month ago wow had a 10 hour maintenance, they all do it from time to time.. I remember back in EQ when they had a patch ready to go, you got a warning on the screen log out in 5 minutes servers going down, they did that in prime time off time any time, when the patch was ready it went in. It is always prime time in some time zone, when you have a product that covers allot of the globe. /shrug
And wow has lost 25% of its players over the course of about 2 and a half years.

To put that in perspective, they lost more players than people who have bought swtor to date.

I don't think they should be a role model to anyone.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Cakellene
09.16.2012 , 03:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
i remember when they said that you could get things for your legacy by acquiring a high enough level OR by buying them with credits
That's still true, for some things.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?