Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cmsistheman
09.15.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
First off, great game.

My problem though is the game is crashing every 5-15 minutes to my desktop. I have updated my video, audio, DX drivers and I'm still having the same problems (if not more offten). I have included my DxDiag report below. Help!!!

Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags – CS Forum Team

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi cmsistheman,

Thanks for posting, do you receive any error messages when the game crashes? Does it happen at any specific points during the game play?

Any other information you can provide would be very helpful to determine the cause of this issue.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

cmsistheman
09.15.2012 , 12:56 PM | #3
The game crashes at random points during gameplay. My player is at level 23 and the game has crashed on every planet so far.

When crashing the game pauses for a few seconds, all the games icons and buttons disappear and the game locks up, then after several seconds it crashes to the desktop with no error message.

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 01:00 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi cmsistheman,

Thank you for replying with that information. As a first step to see if we can get this sorted I'd like you to try the repair function from the launcher to see if this helps with your issue.

Exit the game and open the launcher again. Login as normal but do not press play. When the play button appears click on the cogwheel in the left corner of the launcher and select repair.

Once the repair has completed, click play and see if the problem has been resolved.

Let me know if this helps.

cmsistheman
09.15.2012 , 01:15 PM | #5
Ok. I ran the repair, started the game and within 2 minutes the game crashed to my desktop again.

cmsistheman
09.15.2012 , 03:49 PM | #6
Rebooted the computer and re-seated the videocard. The game still crashes to the desktop. Any other ideas?

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 04:03 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi cmsistheman,

Thanks for replying, I'd like to rule out the possibility of another program or process on your system causing the issues you are encountering. To do this I would suggest performing a clean boot and try to play the game to see if the same problems occurs.

You can find the instructions on how to perform a clean boot from the Microsoft website on this page.

I hope this helps.

cmsistheman
09.15.2012 , 11:21 PM | #8
OK. I gave the clean boot a try. It still crashed to the desktop after about 10 minutes. Any other ideas? Thx

Beruthien
09.15.2012 , 11:37 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings cmsistheman,

In this situation would ask that you submit a ticket by emailing support@swtor.com so our Technical team can investigate the issue further.

When sending the email please attach your LauncherDiag.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any other issues or questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support