Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Trevormortis
07.16.2012 , 12:22 AM | #101
putting BM armoring in PVE shell should take care of expertise problem (then put the other WH mods in also). Expertise would be exactly the same, but you'd lose 12 end/will though. Still seems like a fair trade for thrash crit/claws of decay bonus considering your using thrash more than anything else. Then maybe you could drop more crit from gear, considering pve 4set bonus/Energize. Just my thoughts.

Xinika
07.29.2012 , 03:51 AM | #102
Updated. Links fixed.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

KenFMN
08.07.2012 , 01:37 PM | #103
Probably a stupid question; but in the 0/13/28 build, what's the best skills to use with recklessness (I have 3 stacks with the stalker set bonus). I usually have been using it before deathfield and then following with shock or discharge. Am I gimping my dmg doing it this way?

Thanks for the help
The Fatman - The Lost Sith Gods
Katti- Assassin

Xinika
08.09.2012 , 12:32 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by KenFMN View Post
Probably a stupid question; but in the 0/13/28 build, what's the best skills to use with recklessness (I have 3 stacks with the stalker set bonus). I usually have been using it before deathfield and then following with shock or discharge. Am I gimping my dmg doing it this way?

Thanks for the help
Death Field, Shock and Discharge are fine choices.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Grogget
08.25.2012 , 04:59 PM | #105
Another full PVP match with friends using the 23/1/17 build. I'm going to start making this a series on Youtube, uploading games and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iVyLvGYoR4
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

TheVoidStalker
09.06.2012 , 01:28 PM | #106
Why does the listed 23/1/17 spec take some shield talents, but not all shield talents in the way?

If you're not equipping a shield, there are dps talents that can be taken instead. If you are equipping a shield, why not use the Shield talents?

Grogget
09.10.2012 , 07:29 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by TheVoidStalker View Post
Why does the listed 23/1/17 spec take some shield talents, but not all shield talents in the way?

If you're not equipping a shield, there are dps talents that can be taken instead. If you are equipping a shield, why not use the Shield talents?
I modified my personal spec to have some shield talents mostly due to Electric Execution and Swelling Shadows are useless in Darkness stance. While I do use Discharge, I mostly use it as an accuracy debuff to enemy targets or a filler. Having Dark Ward is useful in PVE since I do my HM Tier 1 flashpoint dailies as a tank with BH Survivor gear with a Shield generator.

For PVP though, I'm using a full DPS set, 4P Stalker, 1P Force Master (boots)
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

Hesp
09.10.2012 , 09:18 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by TheVoidStalker View Post

Every shield talent taken has an additional effect that makes it worthwhile; Lightning Reflexes gives 4% defense and Hollow gives a 10% heal when using Overcharge Saber. The alternative dps talents you're speaking of are so trivial for Dark Charge-users that the utility of the shield talents is generally accepted as a better investment. Additionally, by dropping 1 point of Shroud of Darkness (1% End), you can invest in Dark Ward to make yourself a more than adequate tank for the occasional pve foray.

Luvaria
09.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #109
For the 13/28 spec, what's the point of taking Deathmark and 1 point in Calculating Mind if you're not doing anything that has a DOT (no Raze, no Creeping Terror, Surging Charge Discharge)?

Xethis
09.20.2012 , 03:01 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
For the 13/28 spec, what's the point of taking Deathmark and 1 point in Calculating Mind if you're not doing anything that has a DOT (no Raze, no Creeping Terror, Surging Charge Discharge)?
I run my 13-28 spec with Lightning Charge. I basically play as a Madness Assassin spamming Thrash/Raze and dropping Deathfield and Shock to keep up buffs. Then the magic happens when in all of the middle of that you get an Exploit Weakness proc.

So I do have a dots going with Discharge and Raze.