Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No servers to select from

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xeraphyne
09.15.2012 , 05:24 PM | #1
I had logged out on the high population server the other day after looking through my toons and hadn't logged in since. I log into game today and I have NO servers to choose from. This has happened once or twice before but usually will remedy itself if I close out of the game and restart it. Well, I've tried that five times now and also did a repair. Still no servers to select.

Help would be appreciated.

Edit: Already on my firewall so that's not a problem, and waited to see if a server list would populate. Neither worked. Just for lulz I even tried to log over into the PTS server. Same thing. Blank list.

Beruthien
09.15.2012 , 05:37 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings xeraphyne,

Could you please try running the repair function on the launcher to see if this helps with the issue? To run the repair, please log in on the launcher, select the cog shape icon and then the repair function.

Also please ensure that required ports have been opened on your router.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

xeraphyne
09.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings xeraphyne,

Could you please try running the repair function on the launcher to see if this helps with the issue? To run the repair, please log in on the launcher, select the cog shape icon and then the repair function.

Also please ensure that required ports have been opened on your router.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
already tried a repair for amusments sake I did it a second time. Also the ports are open. Still no server list.

Beruthien
09.15.2012 , 05:47 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings xeraphyne,

Could you please tell me who is your ISP and what kind of home network are you using (wireless/wired)?

Thank you!

xeraphyne
09.15.2012 , 05:51 PM | #5
Greetings xeraphyne,

Could you please tell me who is your ISP and what kind of home network are you using (wireless/wired)?

Thank you!
Cox Communications and wireless

I'm not having any other connectivity issues either.

Beruthien
09.15.2012 , 05:59 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings xeraphyne,

Could you please restart all your network devices (router, computers)? Please leave them of for 30 seconds and then turn them on again.

Also if possible could you please try setting up a wired connection instead of the wireless one?

If these steps do not help please come back to us with your traceroute and pathping. You can find instructions how to get these in the Spoiler below.

Spoiler
Thank you!

xeraphyne
09.15.2012 , 06:15 PM | #7
Spoiler

Beruthien
09.15.2012 , 06:57 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings xeraphyne,

Everything seems to fine with the connection based on those results.

Could you please try to run the game after performing a clean boot? Please see the following page for instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thank you!

xeraphyne
09.16.2012 , 06:23 PM | #9
Greetings xeraphyne,

Everything seems to fine with the connection based on those results.

Could you please try to run the game after performing a clean boot? Please see the following page for instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thank you!
Did a clean boot, tried wired connection. Still no server list. I even went as far as re-installing the game.

Beruthien
09.16.2012 , 07:30 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings xeraphyne,

This is very strange indeed!

Blank server screen is generally caused by one of two issues - an issue with your firewall or connection. However as your traceroute/pathping did not show any connection issues and a clean boot would have eliminated any firewall issues I would need to ask you to send in a ticket by emailing support@swtor.com.

When sending in the email please include your LauncherDiag and list all the troubleshooting steps you have taken. When creating the LauncherDiag file, please do it right after performing the clean boot (no other services enabled).

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you!